Question for pilots/Embry -Riddle question?

James

May 13, 2008
I heard from some people that the best way to become a Major Airline pilot is to attend Embry-Riddle, but after some research, i heard from a lot of alumni that they are still in 100K+ debt, and they warned me that the whole "find job once complete college" thing is just a propaganda . So my question is: Should i attend Embry-Riddle? and What is alternate(money-saving) way to become a Major Airliner pilot, and how long would it take? Please be as specific as possible.
Thanks in advance

ive visted embry riddle before and its a great school. it is probley the best for avation. i personaly dont think its worth it though. basicly if u dont find a job coming out of embry riddle..ur screwed.

if u think ur up for it....u can do the military thing. you'll get some of the best training, a bunch of flight hours all for free. ( you even get paid a little bit for it) if u can fit a good 2-4 years of flying cargo jets for the military in, while not guarenteed, getting a job for a big name company will be much easier. think if u were the airline...would u rather have a college boy who has a solid education but really hasnt put themselves out there...or a militay pilot who knows how to fly the plane but may not have the top notch education...idk what they're looking for...

just do what ur most comfortable with. last time i checked embry riddle was $53000 a year. thats KINDA expensive. for some the militay is a big turn off. good luck with everything

If you have the money to spend then yes Embry Riddle will look good on a resume because its a very prominent college with a very good history, but it will not necessarily help you get a job. Example: I went to Everglades University and you went to Embry Riddle, we both have a BS major in Aviation Technology and all of our other credentials are equal then you will get the job over me because of that. Its so much more expensive than another aviation college approx: $300 dollars more per credit. If i had the money (like rich) or G.I. Bill then i would do it because its a prominent college, no other reasons. Most college say they will help you get a job and its true to a point but they will not go out of there way or the extra mile. Most major airline only require that you have a four year degree, they don't care what it is or the major or any of that which i think is a bunch of bulls but the reality is you could have a business degree, a art degree they don't care as long as its a four year degree and you meet the other qualifications. Unless you are rich or will use the G.I bill don't do it.

Back