Pop ups keep coming up, but AVG scan is clean?

shesaidWHAT

Mar 23, 2009
i just started getting these same pop ups i had when i got my last virus, a few months ago.
they are about everything, mostly new spyware stuff,
and random news blogs like about basketball or even sometimes
'lonely wifes'

i have avg free, but what other program would work well with it?
because i have a bad feeling about these pop ups, and my internet service has been slower, even though AVG isnt showing any new threats.
what is a good, free, or cheap, spyware?

Download and scan with Malwarebytes and/or SUPERAntiSpyware.

Pop-ups are mostly caused by adware, spyware, and other malicious and unwanted software and using pop-up blocker won't help an infected PC. AVG is an anti-virus and you need anti-spyware in addition to your anti-virus.

Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware are the best anti-spyware applications available (you can have more than one). Other free anti-spyware programs would be Spybot Search & Destroy, Adaware, AVG Anti-spyware (formally Ewido), A-squared, Spyware Terminator and SpywareBlaster.

Running virus removal programs in Safe Mode (tap F8 as the computer boots up and choose to boot to safe mode) can be more effective. The idea behind the Safe Mode is that the operating system would only load your essential programs and drivers to the memory and hence there is a “high” chance that the virus-infected file is on the drive but not loaded into memory.

I strongly recommend using Firefox as your primary Web browser, It is safer and beter than Internet Explorer. Get the add-on NoScript for Firefox to prevent click-jacking. The AdBlock Plus extension will allow you to surf virtually ad-free.

Back