"Never Gonna Give You Up" Karaoke By Tay Zonday

G

GlenM

default.jpg
I thought my voice might be too low in the original key, but decided not to transpose this.Selected Replies:inexorablezomno: dude, you put zero feeling into that. If its worth doing, then its worth doing rightTayzonday: You are reviewing the video and not the cover. Rick Astley did not perform in the studio like he did in his music video. No artist does. Most artists sing with less expression in the studio. This was a technically difficult song that took tremendous energy and focus for me to not make it sound like Cher's "Believe."Oosanbashi: Your voice is REALLY well suited for that type of song, but it seems like you don't put enough soul into your singing. It seems like you sing lots of straight tones with no vibrato, and it sounded a bit robotic/empty. So, put some soul into it.Tayzonday: It is a very careful balance. It is easy to put too much energy into a song. To start at 100% and then there's no place to go. I think my delivery here is borderline sad. Kind of a sappy-sweet-buttery desparation . . . like when you love someone so much that you worry about them not being at your side. So you say everything you can to assert your resolve to be together.timoftyr: Dude. Stop trying to make your voice sound low. It makes it sound like you're singing out of your nose.Tayzonday: Thanks for the criticism timoftyr! I really appreciate it! I was not trying to make my voice sound low at all. Also--when singing properly, the sound starts at your diaphragm, resonates through an open chest, and then resonates between the vocal chords and frontal sinuses (nose) through an open throat. In a manner of speaking, singing out of the nose is literally true of good technique. I'll take it as a compliment.ahmaychan: cool it sounded real good! dont forget to smile though dude :)Tayzonday: Facial expression is actually key to tone control. It is why Opera does not rely on the singer's faces to tell the story. It is also why extremely talented singers (like Madonna) still lip-sync concerts. Performing the act of singing and actually singing often demand opposite things.kerosuppi: To say that this song is technically difficult is a stretch at best. Its predictable in its melody and has 6th interval jumps, during a slow section. The chorus has 5th jumps, but they're in your mid-range. The smile comment: Although vocal tone is inexorably tied to expression, a smile and an open throat conveys a bright, clear sound that could resolve the nasal issue. But in all honestly, I have a lot of respect for you, and you definitely have some real skill.Tayzonday: The hardest part for me was the melisma at the end of "down" "around" "goodbye" and "lie" as well as a few other words, which has to happen fairly quickly. Ideally it should not sound like two distinct notes . . . I aimed for an even slur. But ideally it is sung as a series of perfect staccato notes.
Author: TayZonday
Keywords: Tay Zonday Karaoke Never Gonna Give You Up Video Music Song Voice Sexy Funny Hot American Idol Pop Barry White
Added: July 18, 2007

More...

Back