Need Advice... Sprint or T-Mobile?

Jessie

May 25, 2008
Alright Guys, so im in a bit of a pickle here. By the end of the Month i will have a chance to choose a new network carrier for myself and my family for the next two years! and I've narrowed it down to Sprint or T-Mobile, because the other two are way too expensive. Now for comparisons...

(First I'd like to note... With either company i'll go to, I would pay $180 before tax for 4 lines. That much is true and decided for.)

Sprint (Everything Plus Referral Program):

Pros:

- 1600 minutes, with nights start at 7 pm.

- Free mobile to mobile on *any* carrier (which is whats going to keep us from ever reaching 1600 minutes)

- We already have 4 Sprint phones that we can use (So no need buy new phones and save our Upgrades for a later time)

- I've had Sprint before and i like the coverage in my area

- Unlimited Data

- LTE to come sooner than T-Mobile

- Google Voice Integration (which i use alot)

Cons:

- Data is HORRIBLE in my area. It's just really un-reliable one day i'll get .3 mbps, and other days 1.4 mbps

- Phone Selections is pretty bad. Also, i like Windows Phone and it seems like Sprint doesn't...

- Who knows When LTE will come since LightSquared deal is gonna most likely fail

T-Mobile (Classic 1000 w/Data)

Pros:

- HSPA+ plenty fast for me and requires no extra antennae (battery-friendly)

- Able to buy unlocked phones and swap easily

- Usually more/better phone Selection compared to Sprint

- Wifi Calling

- LTE to come

- Decent coverage in my area

Cons:

- only 1000 minutes with nights starting at 9, and mobile-to-mobile to T-Mo. only

- Not Unlimited. The plan i have in mind will have two phones with 5GB, and two with 2GB, then throttling

- LTE to come much later

- We would all have to buy phones now (as opposed to if we went with Sprint with the phones we already have)

- Seems to be loosing more and more High End Phone Exclusives

...And thats all i can think of for now. So what do you guys think? :)

Back