My window which is electric on my Volkswagen polo wont go up or down what do i do ?

Nicole

May 13, 2008
Its remained half open and wont close no matter how much i press the button it wont go up or down
it is the drivers side
the car is a Volkswagen polo 1.4 , i am taking to mechanic soon what do you think it could be ? will i have to have a new door ? or could it be the fuse ?
please please help

NO NEW DOOR. its could be your window motor inside the door,or a short in the wire.

It's probably the battery or fuse that operates the window. Its a simple fix really. All you have to do is take the coverings off the door and replace it. It's will probably cost a good amount because all car work does.

No you will certainly not have to have a new door, either the control button for the window is faulty or the winder mechanism motor or servo is faulty. None of which are remotely near the cost of a new door.
It will not be the fuse because the there will not be an individual fuse for each electric window so if one is working the fuse is OK.

If it was a fuse neither window would work,take off the panel cut the two wires going to the mother hook them to jumper cables if the motor works then you no it's the switch

Back