My Volvo 740 has a cold start issue, what could it be?

CANDICET

Jan 6, 2009
I have a 1992 volvo 740 wagon that I LOVE. Last year it started having a cold start issue. It started up and then just wouldn't run well until the car warmed up. I was told that the vacuum system helped adjust the fuel intake until the car warmed up so we replaced some of the vacuum hoses hoping it was just an old hose. That fixed it for a few weeks, then the problem came back, then the car blew the head gasket (car started blowing out white steam from the tail pipe). We fixed the gaskets and machined the head. The problem resolved and the car ran really well. 8 months later the problem is back. Car runs crappy until it warms up. Now it seems to be getting worse and it takes a few turns to get the car to start. Any ideas?

Ms single independant woman of the 2000's driving the big Volvo that you love.. I suggest you go see a mechanic and pay big cash to have your VOLVO fixed... I know what the problem is but, I'd be dammed to tell you.. Volvo snob!

Ms single independant woman of the 2000's driving the big Volvo that you love.. I suggest you go see a mechanic and pay big cash to have your VOLVO fixed... I know what the problem is but, I'd be dammed to tell you.. Volvo snob!

Back