My nutrition and exercise plan?

WonderGuard

Dec 5, 2010
I'm trying to lose weight. I'm 19 years old, 6'2" tall and weigh 245 lbs. Last year I was 270 lbs so I'm doing well, recently I have tried cracking down on my unhealthy weight.

Do you think this is a good idea?

I will completely avoid: Saturated Fat, Trans Fat, Cholesterol
Try to eat: Monounsaturated Fat, Polyunsaturated Fat, Omega-3 Fat, Fiber, Carbs, and Protein

Already cut out: Beef, poultry, eggs, fattening foods, salty foods

What I do is, for my diet, I am watching the sodium like a hawk. As long as I keep Sodium under 100% daily value I keep the calories below 1,000 a day, and I wind up eating more fiber than salt.

I'm going to buy healthy fish, nuts, beans, oils, and maybe poultry if I want some. Things like avocados will help me completely lose all the fat off my entire body within a year.

My major problem is exercise. I think I need an hour or more of cardiovascular exercise every day.

Do you have any comments?
In response to your answers:

Yes, short intervals of easy and hard workouts I heard are great, as is 5 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals.

You absolutely don't need beef, poultry, or eggs, because cholesterol is terrible, saturated fat is worse, and trans fat will kill you.

What I need to do is replace the healthy vitamins and proteins from dairy and meat, with healthier things like fish, nuts, beans, oils. If it's vegan I might eat fish, but a vegan diet as a general rule for me is the best thing I could possibly do.

For example, right now, I'm eating popcorn and orange juice. All that's in those are a little fiber in the popcorn, lots of potassium and some carbs in the orange juice.

As a matter of fact, I read something on fruits and vegetables, you need all 5 colors:

- Red: Apples, red peppers
- Yellow: Bananas, oranges
- Green: Lettuce, string beans
- Blue: Eggplants, grapes, blueberries
- White: Mushrooms, cauliflower

Back