My HP Pavilion burns a DVD but my DVD players will not play them. Does

diana

May 18, 2008
anyone know why? I put a DVD-R into my HP Pavilion E drawer. I have tried burning my grandson's video I took using my Canon Power Shot SX500 IS camera with the Windows Media Player and Windows Movie Maker. I moved the video from the camera to my computer. It will burn to the DVD but the DVD will not play in any of my DVD players in the house. I have also tried Windows DVD Maker and Nero Express 12 and those two programs won't even recognize the video file. That means I can't get them over to Windows DVD Maker and Nero Express 12 to burn. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I can burn information like documents to a CD and they work on any computer, etc. The computer is fairly new and I haven't tried to burn a music CD yet.
Okay, maybe I wasn't clear on my above details. I can play the DVD I just burned on my computer's Windows Media Player. I don't need another player on my computer. What I need to know is why won't the DVD's I just burned the video to using Windows Media Player on my HP Pavilion play on the DVD Players that are attached to my television set that is totally separate from the computer. The DVD will play on my computer, but not on my television set's DVD player.

Back