My Blue-tick puppy won't stop whining when we go to bed.?

PatrickC

Mar 29, 2008
I have been keeping him in my room on my bed. He is eleven weeks old and until now was too small to jump off the bed. Now he goes to the edge of the bed whines for a min and jumps off. He goes to my door and whines. I have taken him outside, on a walk, even out to the living room for a while. He just will not relax and go to sleep. I have to keep him in my bedroom but he is attached to my parents dog who sleeps in their bedroom. I haven't had more than 4 hours sleep every night for a week. This behavior is new and i want to nip it in the bud. He just always wants to play with our other dog. Please any sound advice will be welcome.
He isn't hungry when he whines and he will begin to bark loudly.
If left together no one ever gets to sleep because they are always playing. We don't really have enough room in our trailer for two dog crates. The other dog, a Jack Russel/ beagle mix, will never shut up when Gunner, the blue-tick, is around him and he just wants to play. Chopper, the Jack Russel, is a well trained dog when the other isn't around. He sleeps on the foot of my parents bed and feels like he protects them. When Gunner tries to go into their bedroom at night, Chopper growls and bites and wants him out. He feels like he is invading his space. I would like to be able to have Gunner sleep with me as i will be moving into a new house to go to college in the spring.

Back