My 2 month old son is half South Korean and my uncle was making fun of him...

Valerie

May 15, 2008
...because of it? My whole entire family is Caucasian, let me start out by saying that. Well, my mom was wanting to take my son over to my grandpas where they were all having a get together.. my grandpa, step-grandma, aunts, uncles.. One of my aunts lives 2 hours away and came down today to see him at my grandpas and she is nice so I was like alright! I decided to stay at home because I was dead tired and I trust my mom with my son. Well my mom brings my son in and everybody is doing the 'baby talk' and saying, 'oh he's so cute!!'..ya know. Then my uncle is sitting over to the side and is saying the MOST RACIST JOKES ever. I mean, are you serious? He is 2 months old! I can't believe nobody said anything. My mom and the rest of my family aren't the type of people who argue or stand up for themselves. I must of got my dad's gene because I would of let him have it. My aunt told my uncle to knock it off but he just kept going. Anything anyone would say he would twist it around in a racist way. What should I do about this? I got so mad when I heard this about 30 minutes ago I started shaking and crying my eyes out. I'm just not used to this sort of thing! We have a tradition around Christmas to where all my family come over to my moms house to catch up with each other and my uncle will be there and it's just in his blood to say something about my son and eventually my son will understand he is getting made fun of so I want to put a stop to this now..Should I do something now or what should I say or do then??

BTW My son's father isn't anywhere in the picture and never will be, he wants absolutely nothing to do with him. but nobody knows that except my immediate family..just to throw that out there.

Let your uncle know how you feel, in front of the whole family as soon as he starts with the cracks at christmas. he might as well get used to the mixed race, it is not going to change and if he can not refrain himself, suggest he take his cracker a** back to the stone age.

Back