My 06 lexus IS250 won't start/jump start, what do i need to do to fix it?

ebos

Jan 16, 2012
I have a 06 is250 awd. After 2 weeks of not driving it, my car battery was completely drained (no lights were on at all inside the car, not even door lights). So I tried to jump start. After I hooked up the cable, all lights went on including the lights on the dashboard. I then proceeded to start the engine. After a several seconds pressing on the start button, the engine just cranking very slowly but won’t start. The weird thing was, the engine kept trying to crank even when my finger was no longer pressing on the starter button. It stopped itself a few seconds later (remote battery was recently replaced). I then followed the manual to let the battery charge for a little bit (5 mins per manual, but I did about 10-15mins). Unfortunately, 2nd time around was not much better…cranked slightly faster, but engine still won’t start, and it still won’t stop cranking after releasing the starter button.
The car battery looks like an original battery, maybe it’s time to replace it. But not sure why it won’t jump start…any idea on what the problems are and how to fix it?

Back