Movie Converter for Mac, convert DVD and video on Mac

AlexYu

Aug 28, 2010
shenzhen
"I took some videos on my canon hf200, and when i plugged it into the computer, iphoto opened and only the photos were imported. so i closed iphoto and looked into the file directory. the file extension was .mts know any software FOR A MAC to convert to complete and full hd?"

"Hey I would really appreciate any help with this matter, considering I have to subjects that involve importing video into iMovie and editing it. I tried to import a video file with ".mpg" at the end of it and that wasn't working. So my question is, what kind of video files can i import into iMovie?"

It is an good idea to watch your favourite video and DVD movie on Mac, you can play your video and DVD movies in QuickTime, iTunes, import to iMovie, FCP, watch them on iPod, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, New iPad, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X and other devices.

However, it maybe not possible for you import your video to Mac, iMovie, FCP, QuickTime, iTunes directly, because the most popular video formats recognized by Mac is MOV, MPEG4, if you get videos and DVD movies that are other than Mac compatible files, then you need to convert them to the proper format for Mac.

Don't worry, Movie Converter for Mac can help you, it can best and fast convert popular video like AVI, WMV, MPG, FLV, 3GP, MKV, AVCHD, MTS, MOD, TOD and DVD movies, DVD clips, DVD VOB files to Mac readable formats and other commonly used formats as well.

By converting video and DVD movies to other video formats with Mac Movie Converter, you can free import your videos to QuickTime, iTunes, iMovie, FCP and other devices like Apple iPod, iPhone 4S, New iPad, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, mobile phones etc.

Besides converting video and DVD movies, Movie Converter Mac can also help you customize your videos with the built-in video editing functions like video clip, video crop, video effect, video settings, video snapshot etc. Come to explore more with Movie Converter for Mac

Step by step to convert video and DVD with Movie Converter Mac
Step 1: Download and run the Movie Converter on Mac
The program supports both PowerPC Mac and Intel Mac including Snow Leopard.You are supposed to download a free trial copy to run as test.After installing and running the software, you will see the main interface as below.

Step 2: Select the program you need use
The program packs DVD Ripper and Video Converter; click one you wish to use.If you need to rip DVD please choose DVD Ripper to run, or you can use video converter.Note: you can only run one program each time.

Step 3: Add or load video/DVD movies
Video converter supports batch load and batch conversion, all different video formats can be imported at the same time. While DVD Ripper can support both DVD and commercial DVD even with copy protection.

For Video Converter:
Click Add File...it will open a window, browse the folder in the window to load video files you wish to convert, click open.

For DVD Ripper:
Click Load DVD or Load IFO, this will open a window; you can load DVD from DVD-Rom or from hard drive if the DVD movie have been saved on your computer previously.

Step 4: Video Editing
You can use Trim, Crop, and Rotate to do video editing. If you need to merge all the edited files into a whole one, then you just simply check "Merge files into one" on the bottom will be ok.

If you need to convert all different video into one same format, please check "Apply to All"

Here what we need to do is to trim some excellent clips for the further editing. Choose your favorite sections and trim. You can insert the exact time or just drag the triangle button. Mostly three clips will be enough, so that mean you need to do this three times. Continue press Next and convert the clips to the format for further editing.

Step 5: Convert movies or videos.
After all the setting is done, Click convert and wait a few seconds we will get what we want.

Back