Mazda RX8 Is it any good?

CROSS

Nov 11, 2008
Mazda RX8 Is it any good?
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, looking for advise about the Maxda RX8, i am looking at buying this car as it looks great and heard a few good reviews about. I would like to hear about performance,reliability etc. I am looking at getting the 1.3ltr 197 bhp version 2004 version upwards. I am really due for a car and though i have never driven a Mazda before i have been told they are very reliable. Answers will be highly appreciated

It's a great car that is compact and has quite a lot of space, it's a real smooth drive with a lot of power.

Reliablily?... It will be reliable, yes but it needs an oil change every 6 months and an engine rebuild at 60K miles, which is why they are dirt cheap to buy second hand.

The 1.3 litre engine is actually a 2.6L engine because it's a rotary. It's not easy on fuel!

Mazda RX8's are great cars. Rotary is a great way to over rev an engine and not having to worry about piston friction, so no worriess about blowing your engine. the only down side about rotary is fuel consumption. If you are into drifting this is a great car.

Mazda RX8's are great cars. Rotary is a great way to over rev an engine and not having to worry about piston friction, so no worriess about blowing your engine. the only down side about rotary is fuel consumption. If you are into drifting this is a great car.

Brilliant little car!! I drive an Audi TT and hubby has a Mazda for a toy (he drives volvo T5 during the week so needs something little and fun!) and I like the Mazda as much as the TT.

Back