Mazda 6i or a Toyota RAV4?

sparketilleiedie

Feb 21, 2010
I live in Philly and I'm moving to a campus that is around 2 hours away from my home. I am looking for a good used vehicle of model year 2002 - 2005 (SUV or car, doesn't matter but strictly automatic). I sort of narrowed it down to the Mazda 6i and Toyota RAV4. I know they can't really be compared but for about two years from now, most of my driving is going to be on highways and on weekends. One of the good things I thought about the RAV4 was that it has an AWD option which the Mazda doesn't. Would I really need an AWD system for the kind of weather here in philly? We do get few snowstorms throughout the year but nothing of big deal, but still since I'm gonna be into long drives, I thought an AWD would be nice and I was almost going to fix with RAV4 but then I found out that it is shockingly lightweight and I couldn't believe that the mazda 6 apparently weighs more than the RAV4. I am also thinking about other options and I would also like some more suggestions if you guys have any. My budget is anything less than $10,000, and preferably a mileage less 150,000 miles. Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Cheerss!

Dont listen to him, he is stupid. awd cars dont get quite as decent gas mileage as a fwd or a rwd car because it moves all four wheels. The mazda 6 is a great car that will last a very long time and you can modify the engine of you are into those kind of things. i would recommend an older subaru wrx but i would hate to buy one used because people beat the engines to hell but somehow they last a long time. the toyota recalls right now would ahve nothing to do with an older model of toyota. goodluck =)

Back