Looking at Buying A Volvo S60R?

CodyM1

Jun 4, 2008
I found a Volvo s60R at a local Volvo shop. I really trust the place, since almost every volvo on the North Shore (area above Boston) gets there car serviced there. I know alot of people that get their cars serviced there, so i know its a good place.

The Volvo S60R is a 2004, and has 75,000 miles. The asking price is 16k. It is a manual, and i think is fully loaded expect for navigation. I really would only need the car for about two more years and would put on no more than 60,000 thousand miles.

What do you guys think? I looks like it is in good shape, and has a six month warranty. Plus the place has been there for years, and is local, so i dont think they would screw me over.

Does it have to many miles? Is the asking price to much? Have anyone ever heard of the S60 R having worse reliability than the regular S60. Consumer reports have actually rated it as above average.

Thanks everyone!

Personally I'd go for it. 16K is a good price, and by your description it sounds in pretty good nick.

I guess 75K miles in just 4 years is quite a lot, but with the modern generation of cars, the mileage is (in my mind) not so much of a problem, I can almost guarantee it'll last at least double that without a thing going wrong.

So as long as it is in a decent colour, not pooey brown or something, i'd go for it!

Personally I'd go for it. 16K is a good price, and by your description it sounds in pretty good nick.

I guess 75K miles in just 4 years is quite a lot, but with the modern generation of cars, the mileage is (in my mind) not so much of a problem, I can almost guarantee it'll last at least double that without a thing going wrong.

So as long as it is in a decent colour, not pooey brown or something, i'd go for it!

Back