Limewire won't play; says requires Java 6. Help!?

AndreaK

Aug 14, 2008
I've had the pirated version for a while, and it has been working fine, but I guess since I updated my Java now when I try to open Limewire it says I need Java 6 or higher. Of course, I have Java 7, so that isn't entirely accurate, but the main thing is it doesn't work. I downloaded the archived version of Java 6, but it is still saying the same thing. Do I maybe need to uninstall Java 7? I have even tried reinstalling Limewire but that did not work either. I read online that I am supposed to run Java as an administrator, but I can't find Java on the desktop or listed in the program list so I don't know how to do that. If you know how I can do that but don't know if it will work, please tell me and I'll try it on my own. I'd prefer to fix Limewire, but if that is not possible, I'd like suggestions on where to get either free or really cheap music. I know some of the sites list songs as like 9 cents, but I don't know if the sites won't steal my credit card info or something. Also, I know there are sites that have free music from certain artists who authorize them to be shared for free. I've checked out those sites and they are not what I'm looking for. Any other tips on this issue please let me know!

Just download frostwire it works a lot better and it wont cause problkems due to java

Back