jeep yj lift from 4" to 6"?

Gage

May 30, 2008
alrite jeepers, ive got a 91 yj, baby engine with bald 33's, with a very worn out 4" rough country lift. its time to replace or upgrade and im leaning towards upgrade. so i want to do the SOA conversion which i have the tools for and have some basic knowledge of how to do. right now my lift is about 5" with springs and shackles, no body lift. after the SOA itll roughly be the same height with stock shackles im putting back on, but i want to lift it from about 4-5 inches after the SOA, to 6-7 inches. i need new leafs so I'm thinking of a 2" leaf spring lift. my main concern is with the rear drive shaft angle. I've already got a rubicon SYE on it, but im not sure how much lift it can take. i wouldn't mind doing a t case drop, but if i don't have to id rather put the money else where. also whats the correct pinion angle on the rear drive shaft with an SYE, is 0* with the drive shaft or 2* above/below it, I've read multiple blogs on both. also, do i have to mess with the front pinion angle. i know it has to remain relatively flat so the wheels remain straight while driving, but does the extra angle add vibration or is the drive shaft long enough to eliminate it. also, what are your thoughts on axle wrap, high steer kits, front shackle reversal??

Back