Is the Desert Eagle a good self defence weapon

actually a large reason why they dont use it is because its extremely unreliable. the gun jams alot the round is expensive and the recoil is crazy. to say u get the same effect with a 9mm or .38 is not always true. hell, some times a .28 can do more damage then a DE. the .28 was the chosen assassin's calibre for a large period of time because the bullet has the speed to penetrate the skull but not enough for an exit wound so basically you have a bouncing piece of hot metal ricocheting inside a target's head turning it to mush and having an extremely high kill rate. the problem i have with a 9mm is the lack of stopping power. its like back way back when the u.s. was fighting the indians(least i think it was im not positive). the indians would take herbs and tie their chests up extremely tight so the bullets would enter and exit the body quickly without causing a large amount of damage. to fight this the u.s. would blunt their bullets causing a larger transfer of energy, this is where we get the .45 round i believe also. im pretty sure the FBI field agents use 9mm rounds and they train their agents to empty an entire clip on a hostile target because its not like hollywood bs, if u shoot the guy ur just gonna piss him off (depending on the body part, if u land a heart or head shot hes gonna die immediately almost always). they teach em to empty the clip so the target loses blood pressure so the brain is deprived of oxygen and they a)cant send signals from their brain to pull the trigger and B) die. my personal favorite gun is the 1911 on grounds of stopping power and overall reliability. this thing packs a SERIOUS punch and its going to stop anything coming at you even a crack head. its a great gun when it comes to reliability, partially why it was the longest used side arm ever in the u.s. military and still is used by many spec ops(and the fbi's Hostage rescue team.) if u want an extremely reliable gun id go with a sig sauer 227. its a 9mm and if u put some P+ antipersonell rounds in it, it packs a serious punch. the p+ rounds have a bigger charge and are designed to mushroom up when they fire. the gun is unbelievably reliable. we took it to the firing range and fired over 1500 rounds with it in i believe 2 or 3 hours and it jammed once. if i was in a fight id rather have a 1911 over a DE any day. all in all, the DE is overpowered, unreliable, and overpriced. hollywood makes it seem that well since its a bigger bullet it must kick ass.

i don't like fire weapons and gun chit, it causes a lot of problems in the world. i wonder how to defend myself against a gun?

I liked that scene. And from what I know, that's a big bit of metal to be lugging around. If it was a bird, that'd be a different matter....
*Squawk* *peck grab slash*
ouch...

lol or better, u kill the robbers save your girl and then u go to jail and she finds another in the meantime....lol....better use some martial arts

That's why we have lawyers.

That's why this thread is about home defence.

Not everyone lives in a place where guns are illegal, and I doubt that it is the "large majority". Many a time in many places people run up on you with the intention of killing you. Not too far from where I used to live some guy was hanging with a dudes who were into drugs, the dons sent someone to collect, and the dude didn't have the dough. Both him and his friend got shot. The friend had nothing to do with the drugs, but he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I hear stories like these at least once a month. Going to court for manslaughter is better than being slaughtered yourself.

As for the DE. I think it's too large. I don't know that much about pistols, but why not carry a .44 caliber or a 9mm like the Taurus. Personally, I'd rather have a gun with which I can ring off 10 shots without having to aim intently before shooting. From what I've heard/read the recoil on the DE prevents for from holding onto it if you fire it with one hand.

Back