Is my ball python set up ok?

Mal

May 15, 2008
Yesterday i got a baby ball python. I think its a he so that's what i will be calling him. He is 3 months old. Was hatched August 15, 2010. He is in a 10 gallon tank until he gets bigger then i will upgrade him. In his tank during the day the "warm" side is at 90F and the cool side is at moves between 75-80F depending on the time of the day. At night i turn the heat light off but i leave the under tank heater on and in the morning the tank is about 75F in the whole thing but it warms up quickly as soon as the light goes back on. He has 2 hides 1 on each side. I was told he eats every Sunday but i haven't fed him yet i and wont until Sunday. He has "snake moss" for bedding. Its not to humid it is at 35% right know. He also has a water dish that i have seen him drink from and he put his tail in it.
I have a few questions too
I held him last night to put him in his tank and he was fine. The guy said to wait 7 days before holding but he seemed fine last night and he doesn't seem stressed in his tank. He moves around in it and goes from the warm to cool side when he chooses does that mean he likes it in his tank? and when do you think i can start holding him? He has been help at the pet store by the worker, both my parents and me and has been fine with all of us last night. Is it okay to hold him now or should i give it a few days? or all 7?
Oh and i will be feeding him in a different tank so he doesn't get the idea of my hand=food but he thinks i get picked up i get to go get my food instead. I will make sure my hands like mice and after he eats i will wait a while depending on temp before moving him back in tank so he has a little time to get his food down.

He has some loose skin on him i think it is from an old shed and the pet t enough is it all didn't come off its just on his neck and a little on his tail. Will this just go away with the next shed?
I know its long but thanks for reading and answering.
ps if there is anything else i need to know i would like to hear it. thanks!

Back