Is it possible to hook up a DVD/VCR recorder to a tv and cable box while still

Mimi

May 11, 2008
having my VCR hooked up to it? I have a cable box hooked up to my TV, along with a DVD player and a VCR. I just bought a DVD/VCR dubbing recorder for use there, wanting to replacing the DVD player only. Is this possible without changing out connections each time?

I realize this is a broad question. But generally, is it possible? Right now everything is wonderful, in fact, I can watch a DVD while recording something from my cable box onto a VHS tape in my VCR.

And if you're asking why keep the VCR if the DVD/VCR recorder already has a VCR within it, it's because I don't want the DVD/VCR machine's VCR to run down. I have a ton of tapes and some shows I want to do fine editing from the TV using a VHS tape and my current VCR has the right remote, speed and what have you I like (yes I know, you can do that with a DVD, but I don't want a zillion chapters and that's my unchanging preference anyway.)

So please, I was just wanting to know, can I switch out the DVD player for the DVD/VCR recorder? And do you think (again, I know, broad question without going into what type of connections I have) that it could be as simple as taking out the connections from the back of the DVD player and sticking it into the DVD/VCR recorder? Hopefully, yes. I can dream, at least!

yes, but you will need a signal splitter... they are worth about $10USD at RadioShack. I'm assuming you are connecting these devices using a coax cable... but if not, there are RCA signal splitters as well. Just make sure you explain to the store attendant which connection you are using.

Back