Is it possible to change a just made cell phone line through AT&T to a gifted iPhone?

Blake786

Jul 3, 2010
Is it possible to change a just made cell phone line through AT&T to a gifted iPhone?

What I mean is our family just set up an AT&T account with 3 lines. We set ourselves up with shared minutes, a 200 MB data plan each, and unlimited texting each. The third line, mine, costs $10 extra, but that's not the main point.
Right after confirming the order, my grandfather calls me saying he will give me his old iPhone 3G as he just got the new iPhone 4.

So I was wondering if I would be able to take the phone (unopened) I get in the mail back to the AT&T store, cancel the line, and then add a new line, but with that gifted iPhone on it. Any extra costs other than the required data plan?

The only way you can get out of being with verizon is waiting until your contract is up which is not September. They give you an upgrade every 20 months so you have 4 more months after that. or you can pay the 175 deactivation fee but you would not be able to keep your number as the bill is not under your name.Call verizon and ask the rep which is the best plan that will fit you and tell him your situation.

Back