Is a Maserati Granturismo a good family car?

Jake1

May 11, 2008
My parents are looking to get just 1 car instead of 2. They currently have a Range Rover Sport '08 and BMW 5 series '07, but as it's just my mum using 1 car at a time and my dad using a van, they only need 1 car, so I suggested a Maserati Granturismo, '07/'08, they are in their 40's and don't like cars like a Nissan GTR etc, but the Maserati might make it.

So if anyone has experience with one, being in one etc, then please give your verdict. It will be used for my mum to go to the train station, business meetings on the other side of england and used on the weekends for going about. So bootsize rating, and leg room are main things I'm looking to be reviewed, also if there is a better car in the price range of 30k - 40k, with a link (autotrader would be preffered) and years '06+!

P.S: When I say family car, I mean me (15 years old) my parents (40 years old) and shopping boot space.

Cheers,
-Jake

First off you cannot get a decent used or new granturismo in 30-40k. Although, if your are truly in the market for one i would suggest you take a test drive. I have been for a ride in one, and believe me, it is a great car, and the power is great, but the room in the back row is minimal to say the least. i think you should also keep in mind the Maserati Quattroporte. It has roughly the same power and price range as the Granturismo. Although, it may not be as sporty as the Granturismo, it is truly as sporty as you can get in a sedan (which it is). Because it has for doors and the body is a bit elongated, the legroom and comfort factors skyrocket while keeping the same power and uniqueness of a pure Italian sports car. i hope i helped!

Back