Iowa State holder gets a little help from Matt Campbell in post-spring game marriage

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
b5c749e9d8aa831d6db2c729d8ea9f85
Matt Campbell (center) is a football coach and wingman. (Getty) Iowa State’s Kyle Starcevich is now an engaged man.
Starcevich, the Cyclones’ holder, asked his girlfriend Tori Monroe to marry him after Iowa State’s spring game on Saturday. And he surprised her with a little misdirection courtesy of ISU head coach Matt Campbell.
Congrats to our Cyclone seniors @kstarce14 and Tori Monroe on their engagement after the spring game! ???????????? pic.twitter.com/yVV6xmo7zH
— Cyclone Football (@CycloneFB) April 8, 2017
Monroe works in the Iowa State football office. Starcevich explained to Cyclone Alert how they pulled the surprise off.
“Coach Campbell had the idea to bring her up and kind of recognize her because she works in the office. We brought her up front and he wanted to give her a fake award and I was going to present it to her. He brought her up and said she’s a great worker and this and that,” Starcevich said. “She had no idea. She thought she was going to get a job or something and I ended up proposing and I thought it went pretty well.”
Given that she said yes, it’s got to grade more than “pretty well,” right? We’re just giving Starcevich a hard time and wish the couple the best.
During the game itself, the transition to linebacker continues to go well for Joel Lanning. The former QB returned an interception for a touchdown.
*More college football on Yahoo Sports:

– – – – – – –
Nick Bromberg is the editor of Dr. Saturday and From the Marbles on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @NickBromberg

Back