Internet Explorer 7 Crashing?

Maribel

Apr 22, 2008
For the past six months (at least) Internet Explorer has been crashing every time I click on the tabs at the top of the window (File, Edit, History, Tools, etc.) The window freezes up and won't close and I have to use the windows task manager to end the process and once that's done I can't open IE again. I can click on the desktop icon and the little timer thing comes up like it's loading, but it never opens, even though a process appears in the windows task manager saying it's running.

On top of that, if IE crashes this way, I can't shut down my laptop properly. I hit "start" and "turn off computer" but then it just says "saving your settings..." indefinitely and won't actually shut down unless I hold down the power button.

It's ridiculous. I've tried removing IE 7 from my computer and reinstalling it twice now and both times it STILL does it. I've run Norton and Spybot and Ad-aware and none of them have found anything on my comp. I don't know what to do anymore, I have no idea how to fix this problem if a simple uninstall/reinstall is absolutely NO help.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?
I have firefox but I'd still like to know why IE is doing this and maybe fix it.

internet explorer is much slower than mozilla

download mozilla firefox

much faster and no problems

Back