Interesting U.S History paper topics for 11th grade?

greendayloverr

Feb 8, 2013
I'm in 11th grade and we have this huuuge term paper that's about 5-8 pages long on ANYTHING in U.S History. It can't be too broad or too narrow and not something that would be so blatantly obvious to talk about like Slaves which many people might do. My topic is due tomorrow and I have no idea what to write about since U.S History in particular doesn't really interest me.. I'm more interested in World War II, Nazis, Hitler and I know that the US helped Germany pay back war reparations for WWI, that incorporates the US with Germany but that's all I can seem to find and I just have no idea what to write for my paper... I hope that made sense, sorry for this being so long, also I'm not very interested in anything before WWI as I barely know anything about it..
any suggestions would be much appreciated! thanks! :)

World war two, American history, and European theater? Sounds like Patton to me. Patton was vocally anti-nazi, and is considered one of America's most successful generals. My official recommendation is: After Patton's performance during the Sicily invasion, did he redeem himself in Europe? (you can't get more WWII nazi-killing action in a school school paper if you tried.) Just be sure to censor Patton's quotes a bit. You'll see what I mean if you do that one.

If you are interested in WWII maybe write about Americans coming to realize what Hitler was doing to Jews as they started to liberate concentration camps. Or, perhaps focus on America’s alliance with the Soviet Union even though the US and USSR had opposing ideologies. Or, what were the reasons the US dropped nuclear bombs on Japan? The efforts FDR took to keep the US out of the war or why the US focused more on the war in Europe, even though Japan bombed us at Pearl Harbor. How about internment camps in the United States during the war.

Wikipedia has A LOT of stuff on Nazis, Hitler, etc. There are also a ton of stuff on Google.

However, in my opinion below are some very important topics from U.S. history:

1. Colonial America. Most important because Colonial America was how the United States was born in the first place.
The colonies declared independence, right? 4th of July, 1776.
You can find a really simple version of the history of the Colonies on Wikipedia too..

2. History of the federal government; how it was first established and how it became the most powerful government in the world.

3. About WW2, your interest, you could write about HOW the U.S. used its power in Europe and why Japan and Germany were forced to surrender. And WHY America had to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

----->>> You could just simply 'get obsessed' in America's role in WW2 or something - information is everywhere on Google.

4. HOW the U.S. became the most powerful country in the world and....WHY some countries want to be against the U.S. (well you don't need to do 'why some countries are against the U.S. obviously)

Back