In the words of Christ, "No man has seen God at any time", so who was

Seth

May 16, 2008
"the King" that Isaiah saw here? ((( Dear answerer,:))) here is the full context for you well advised consideration:

"In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord (heb. "Adonoy") sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts." Isaiah 6:1-5

Chirst Jesus, the Truth, and Only Begotten of God, cleary and knowingly says, "No man has seen God at ANY TIME. (John 1:18)....(which, obviously, includes the year that King Uzziah died).... So what are we to learn from this amazing truth, and who then was the "Lord" (Adonoy), "the King, the LORD of hosts", which Isaiah saw with his own eyes and became undone at the holy sight of Him?

When Isaiah says, "....mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts."...was he presuming that it was "Yehovah Tsaba" (the LORD of hosts) since "No man has seen God at any time"?

To make this question even more intriguing, I have been wondering why the Apostle said that "the god of this world has blinded the minds of them that beleive not"....while Jesus clearly said:

"....in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which says, By hearing you shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing you shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."

Amazingly, Jesus is quoting directly from this afore mentioned encounter with the Lord, the King, who instructed Isaiah to "...Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed".

Was Jesus likewise fulfilling this same commision by speaking in "parables" to the multitudes....

For...."the disciples came, and said unto him, Why do you speak unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever has, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever has not, from him shall be taken away even that he has.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which says, 'By hearing you shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing you shall see, and shall not perceive:'
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
BUT BLESSED ARE YOUR EYES, FOR THEY SEE: AND YOUR EARS FOR THEY HEAR."
Mat 13:15

So then.... what makes a people's heart wax gross, and their ears become dull of hearing, and their eyes become closed?....and who is the King, which Isaiah saw with his eyes, which was also comissioning him to "make the heart of this people fat, that seeing, they shall not see, and hearing, they shall not hear?

This question is asked desiring to understand why the Apostle said "the god of this world has blinded the minds of them that believe not", lest they should believe the glorious gospel and be saved!

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them". 2Cor 4:3-4
Dearly beloved, these questions are asked in great expectation that the people of this world would receive "the love of the truth", lest the God of Truth, "should send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie"..., as seen here:
"... with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"
2 Thess. 2:10-11

May we have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying.
Much love unto you and to all : )
(No TD from me:)

Thank you to all who read, and answer!

The Word of God is Truth, and this question is asked in seeking the understanding contained in the Word of Truth : )

Christ.

Jesus isn't God, huh?

Jesus claims God's name, as seen here:

John 6:51:("I am) the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever;"

John 8:23: And He said to them, "You are from beneath; (I AM) from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8:12: Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, ("I AM) the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, (I AM.)"

John 10:9: ("I AM) the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."

John 10:11: ("I AM) the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

John 11:25: Jesus said to her,( "I AM) the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

John 14:6: Jesus said to him, ("I AM) the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 15:1:( "I AM) the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

John 8:57-58 (New International Version, ©2010)

57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

John 4:24-26 (New International Version, ©2010)

24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

Jesus forgives sin:

Matthew 9:1-3 (New International Version)

Matthew 9

1 Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. 2 Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”

3 At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves, “This fellow is blaspheming!”

Matthew 9:6 (New International Version)

6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.”

Luke 7:48-50 (New International Version)

48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Jesus claims equality with God:

John 10:30 (New International Version)

30 I and the Father are one.”

Sill want to say Jesus isn't God, when here is all the proof RIGHT FROM THE BIBLE, where He says He is!

You can give me all the thumbs down you want, but that isn't going to change what the Bible says right here!

Peace.

Isaiah 6 NW

1 In the year that King Uz·zi´ah died I, however, got to see Jehovah, sitting on a throne lofty and lifted up, and his skirts were filling the temple. 2 Seraphs were standing above him. Each one had six wings. With two he kept his face covered, and with two he kept his feet covered, and with two he would fly about. 3 And this one called to that one and said: “Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of armies. The fullness of all the earth is his glory.” 4 And the pivots of the thresholds began to quiver at the voice of the one calling, and the house itself gradually filled with smoke.

5 And I proceeded to say: “Woe to me! For I am as good as brought to silence, because a man unclean in lips I am, and in among a people unclean in lips I am dwelling; for my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of armies, himself!”

6 At that, one of the seraphs flew to me, and in his hand there was a glowing coal that he had taken with tongs off the altar. 7 And he proceeded to touch my mouth and to say: “Look! This has touched your lips, and your error has departed and your sin itself is atoned for.”

Firstly, God's Word [accurately rendered Bible] contains NO CONTRADICTIONS.

Isaiah, evidently is having a vision, or a dream, since no man [flesh and blood] can enter the heavens, as at John 3:13; 1 Corinthians 15:50.

Interestingly, both Isaiah, and Jesus, mean, Jehovah is Salvation.

You should NOTE the end of verse 13:

...there is a stump; a holy seed will be the stump of it.”

Compare with Daniel. 4 NW

15 However, LEAVE its rootstock itself in the earth, even with a banding of iron and of copper, among the grass of the field; and with the dew of the heavens let it be wet, and with the beast let its portion be among the vegetation of the earth. 16 Let its heart be changed from that of mankind, and let the heart of a beast be given to it, and let seven times pass over it. 17 By the decree of watchers the thing is, and [by] the saying of holy ones the request is, to the intent that people living may know that the Most High is Ruler in the kingdom of mankind and that to the one whom he wants to, he gives it and he sets up over it even the lowliest one of mankind.”

Further prophecies reveal, that Jesus, is the One to rule over the Messianic Kingdom, Daniel 2:44; Daniel 7:13- 14; Revelation 20:6.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Thy-Kingdom-Come-Thy-Will-be-Done

Hi ya Seth!

13 I also saw under the sun this example of wisdom that greatly impressed me: 14 There was once a small city with only a few people in it. And a powerful king came against it, surrounded it and built huge siege works against it. 15 Now there lived in that city a man poor but wise, and he saved the city by his wisdom. But nobody remembered that poor man. 16 So I said, “Wisdom is better than strength.” But the poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are no longer heeded.

17 The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded
than the shouts of a ruler of fools.
18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war,
but one sinner destroys much good.

Even the blind can see the wisdom of Godly ways!

Anytime that a human saw God in the Old Testament, they were seeing the Word, the one who became Jesus Christ.
In the context of Jewish thought in the first century, speaking to those who had the OT law as their history, when Jesus said such a statement, he was meaning that no one has seen God the Father, except him.
Thanks for asking neighbor.

Back