I'm looking for a sport bike what type should I get?

BigBoi21

Aug 13, 2011
I'm a college student and I'm looking for the "1995 honda civic" of the sport bike world, I'm not to informed on sport bikes and what brand is good and what isn't or what brand was good, my point is I have no idea what to look for when purchasing a sport bike please I need help asap thank you.

I believe if you are a begginer than a good bike to look into is a Yamaha R6 also I hope you know how to ride one because it's a lot harder than get on, gas it, and go.

Suzuki
Yamaha
Honda
All of these are good brands

Most Japanese Sports bikes are dependabe . If you are to use it as a daily hack ,it would pay to go for the 'softer ' low down torque sorts .
SV 650 suzuki, 650 Kawasaki, TRX 850 Yamaha , Yamaha fazor 600/800 , are easy to live with bikes , usable torque , good handling , and reliable as a rock .
Motorcycles have come along way , and most bikes deliver

In order to answer your question we need to know if you know how to ride. I am going to assume you dont. Sport bikes are VERY fun but can kill novice riders who dont give them proper respect. Just about everyone on this board will tell you to start off with a 250 something and work your way up because they are forgiving and relatively cheap.

Riding a motorcycle safely has more to do with maturity and attitude than anything else. If you want to learn to ride PROPERLY then take a MSF safety course. It can save your life and give you years of fun on motorcycles.

You might get a lot of opinions on what to ride but make sure you take a MSF course and treat the motorcycle with a lot of respect. "You never realize how fast you are going until you have to stop".

would be irresponsible to just answer the question without knowing if you can actually ride a bike..

the ability to ride up to the local shop & back does not a bike rider make..

& sports bikes are not learner tools...

SO.. buy a second hand 250cc bike, do the motorcycle safety course & learn to ride for a year..

then come back & ask about a suitable sports bike..

Harley Davidson Sportster. Low maintenance, great buyin prices right now, and is a good dependable runner.

LED lights are the best choice and there are some great deals around, especially online. A good LED light is paramount to your visibility on the road and to ensure that you can see where you are going!

Back