if i have a 3D HD tv, do i really need a 3D blue ray player to watch movies in 3D?

Miguel

May 27, 2008
i own a 55" Samsung HD 3D tv and i'm wanting to buy a blue ray player (it'll be my very first blue ray player, i know i'm kinda slow lol). i was just curious if i have to buy a 3D blue ray player to watch movies in 3D or could i save some money and buy a non-3D blue ray player and just use my tv's intigrated 3D!? thanks:)

Yes, you will need a 3D blu ray disc player along with a 3D blu ray disc movie and 3D glasses for each person. At this time there are only around 180 titles available in 3D and they are mainly animated movies from Disney. It has not been a big hit with consumers due to lack of software and requirements to watch in 3D and the higher cost. Hope this will help you out.

In order to watch Blu Ray discs in 3D, you need: a 3D disc, a 3D Blu ray player, a 3D TV, & 3D glasses.

Yes and no. They make 3d Blu-rays. so you can watch them in 3d. If you do it the other way your TV is just guessing what should be 3d

Back