If I gave my baby a bit of fish oil for a few days in a row, and . . . ?

gl_n33

Jan 5, 2009
For the past 3 days, I have put in my baby's bottle a little bit of fish oil. It's from those capsules, and I poke a hole in it and squeeze the oil out into the bottle. It's mercury free, and it's from the meat, not the liver, so there isn't a lot of vitamin A.

I've only been doing it once a day and it's always in the mornings so that I can keep a good eye on him (in case of a reaction). He hasn't showed any sort of reaction to it whatsoever. No rashes, no breathing problems, no vomiting, diarrhea, extra fussiness, etc.

Is it safe to say that he is NOT allergic to fish? Or is it possible that he can still develop an allergy to fish later on? If it is possible, is it really that likely?
Liam's mommy:

For the omega-3. It's just something I choose to do, and I have heard of other mom's doing it too, so I wanted to try it out.
I'm asking because I really want to put the oil in his "in the middle of the night" bottle, so that it's easier for him to drink, and so that he will drink it all. He drinks it in the morning when I give it to him, but some time he breaks and hesitates (I'm assuming because of the taste) and some times he doesn't finish it all.

I'm worried that if I give it to him in the middle of the night, he might react to it but then I'll be sleeping. But like I said, I've been giving it to him for a few days now and there is zero reaction.

Why are you giving your baby fish oil? I have never heard of this.

hmm... ok well if he is not showing any physical signs of a reaction of more irratible etc than I would say he is just fine

Back