i need an intoduction for my speach about green day can anyone help??

L

leopardgirl225

Billie Joe Armstrong founded the band Green Day, with his childhood best friend, Mike Dirnt who played the bass guitar. They were called Sweet Children at first but soon after there first album came out the original drummer, Al Sobrante, quit to go to college. When he quit Billie and Mike recruited drummer Tre Cool. Green Day built its following the old-fashioned way -- they earned it. Before they even hooked up with a major label, the band had already completed five national tours, driving their renovated bookmobile coast to coast and crashing on friends' and fan's floors. Faced with a hard choice, the guys decided to sign onto a major label in April 1993, and soon started to record the album that would put them into stardom. It went on to sell more than 10 million copies in the U.S. alone, and Green Day won a Grammy in 1994 for "Best Alternative Music Performance." On their next few albums, "Insomniac" and "Nimrod", Green Day has managed to stay true to the punk attitude while proving they're not just one-trick ponies. After Nimrod the band took a 3-year break. In 2000, Green Day hit the music scene once again with their album "Warning". The album is a different sound for the band, a more mellow punk if you will. Unfortunately, critics and fans alike didn’t very well accept the album. The biggest hit from the album was the song "Minority”. So after another four years with a few tours and a couple of complication albums, but no new material from Green Day, fans were hit with the September 2004 released of "American Idiot", an album which lashes out against the American government and the media. "American Idiot" was the first Green Day ever to debut at #1 on the Billboard Charts, and other music charts around the world. The album's title track was an instant success. The follow up single, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" experienced a must greater success. "American Idiot" was nominated for seven Grammy awards, and took home one, "Best Rock Album". The success of this album proved that Green Day is indeed one of the biggest rock bands in the world.

lyric as a quote. i'll get back to you if i find a good line to start you off. =)

Back