I have an Evil Mother in Law?

AmandaL

May 16, 2008
Have you ever seen the movie, Monster-In-Law...well I am a living version of this.
My fiance's mother is a control, manipulitive...well, you know.
She is an LPN, living in a house her father bought her before she got married, so shes never had to pay a mortgage. Her husband, is a retired Correctional officer from the state penetantiary, and collects roughly $3,000 a month from SS. He's not seen a dime of it. This all goes to her, and pay bills, buy new things every week, etc. He had to get a full time job to pay for his gas,his bills, etc.
She used to beat on my fiance while he was growing up. I have heard from several people that she never wanted to conceive my fiance (she has another child with her 2nd cousin)
My fiance and I are going after a house, and he asked his dad to co-sign the loan so that was get a better intrest rate. He said he'd think about it, and would tell my fiance's mom.
We went over last night to their house, and as we were getting ready to leave, his dad calls us in to sit down and talk.
Immediatly my fiace's mom goes, " What are doing looking at a good for nothing junk truck down the road here" My fiance explained that there was a change in company policy,and hecan no longer bring the vehicle home. She was all pissy with the fact that his dad showed him the car and was going to help him buy it.
Well, then it rolled into the house subject, and she begain saying that we can't afford a $600 mortgage payment and that the house has mold and youll never get rid of it. We had an inspection done and there is a a little mold where to the new sub floor is, and it is an easy fix, and she kept interupting saying that mmm hmm, what ever. So my fiance said " You wouldn't know, would you, the inpection is a hell of a lot smarter then your two (meaning his parents)
And then she really got nasty.
She kept saying that I was using him for his money and a free ride, and that I was just like his ex.
I got up and told her I didn't have to listen to this bullshit, and that she didnt know me. and she goes, "no but I know your type, worthless ... " thats when I cut her off, looked her square in the eye and said
"Look here b*t*h, you can control your husband, and you can control your son, but I will be DAMNED! if you disrespect and f***ing control me. You don't know me. I grew up with a mother like you, and its about time someone put you in your f***ing place*
And she mumbled something, and my fiance got in between us and ushered me out the door. As we walked to the car, I heard her yell at her husband "YOU JUST SIT THERE WHILE IM BEING ATTACKED BY AN UNGRATFUL BRAT!!!"
Let me explain something. I am 19 years old. I have been working since I was 13, baby sitting, and taking care of my self, buying my own clothes, school supplies, food, gas. I recently lost my job, through no fault of my own. My posistion was eliminated because of downsizing in the company.
Has anyone ever had a problem with a "monster" in law, on either side of the family?
And, what can I do to make this situation better.
I have never been one to disrespect my elders, and I have always shown respect to this women, and she just hates everyone. Advice please

The only way this B can stop bugging you is if you and your fiancee go far far away from her and move as far as possible. You might get a job in New York and there's a place called Sty town on 14th Street and 1st Ave extending to 20th Street who are desprate for tenants. I know that theres a bunch of places where you can start over, and all you need is a car and an education.

Back