I have a laptop and can play dvd's in it. I want to know is there anyway I can...

kittycat2purr

Nov 4, 2011
...save a dvd or copy it and save? I have a copy of a dvd that my son made of my dad , he interviewed him and in August my dad passed away..I was very happy to find this dvd of an interview my son had as a class project. What I want to know is there anyway I can save this dvd on the hard drive to my laptop?.....if so can you tell me exactly how and if that can be done...ty all so kindly

If you mean save to a file yes sometimes you can. But usually you will get a Cyrillic redundancy error if you try to copy and past. If you have the right burning software like Nero ( 9 or 10 you can but if its copyrighted you have to know how to do it sometimes Nero won't burn copyrighted material. You have to open the DVD in explorer and copy all the folders except the one that has copy-write script and I can't tell you which one it is. But it's not hard to figure out. It's much easier with something like DVD shrink. Hope that helped some. Good luck. Anything can be done if you have the right info and tools.

http://www.freewarezoom.com/DL/freedvdripper.exe use this tool to rip the file off of the DVD and save it to your desktop and then you can burn it to another dvd or keep it on your cpu

Back