I have a Harry Potter Like story(Different, but like), Does anyone have suggestions?

Sep 17, 2010
Ok, I'm Writing a story, and I hope no one steals the Idea, but It's hard to explain at the same time. Basically, It's a story like Harry Potter, but way different. It sounds a lot like Harry Potter, but is a lot different, it's hard to explain it in terms easy to explain; my brain works in a weird way. If anyone steals it, I will be so mad and I will make life heck for you. Sorry, but I'm tired of people stealing my ideals, like my classmates. It's not because of this stuff, but I reall want opinions and suggestions to make it better.

Basics(Info To make easier to understand):
It is a School/Town setting. Castle in center. Only those who attend school or work their are allowed to live there.
Kids Start when they are 13 and go until they are 18. They are sorted into classes, by passing trials, varies from year to year.
Since new, not all spells discovered. More Discovered during year. All characters freinds with main are so far 13 so far.
Founder Dead, unknown cause. Only school in whole world, but some are starting to form.
No wand or instrument used for casting spells, just hands and mind.
More characters, just mentioned main characters.
Go back during summer, Christmas(optional), Spring Break (2 weeks, optional)
Luminarium - Good Class
Acerbus - Evil Class
Nocenus - Nuetral Class
It is about a magical school, but instead of dorms, they have houses, depending on their parent's status.

Plot:
The Main Character is growing up in an orphanage, and has twisted morals, because of the orphange. He has lived there for as long as he lived and has been tortured, because he does weird and unknow things. The people who manage the orphanage are evil and hate differences, non magical. Main Character gets a holographic like message and the managers don't want him to go, but he goes anyway, even though in the summer he would be Tortured even more than the previous 12 years. He travels on the magical Plane that brings him to the Town/School. He goes through trial(No determined yet) and is put in the Power hungry, cunning, and Dark People class. He makes freinds with fellow class members.
He meets many people he hates in the class of Pure, Good, Light people, including one he has to serve detention with. Slowly they become Friends. That person has a group of Friends 2 others, one is in the same class as the first Friend, and the other in the 3rd and final class, the Neutral class, not good nor bad.
Meanwhile while the friendship forms, his Friends from his class find out he is Friends with them and gets him in trouble and disowns him. The Main Character is sad, but his cross class Friends, still accept him. While being in trouble because of his class Friends, who disowned him, he finds out about a plot that the Head Person, Headmaster Equivalent, is trying to cover up a happening (Not sure yet what happening). He has at least one teacher helping. The Main Character confronts the Head Person, and him and his Friends are defeated, but a good teacher who is against the Head's decision and found out about the happening, saves them. The Head Flees and the freinds are sent to the nurse to be healed. They wake up only hours after the incident, and find the helper teacher, and the good teacher trying to figure out what to do know that the Head is gone.
The helper argues he should be the head, and the good teacher argues they should be the head. The Good Teacher wins in the end and then they all go back to their 'houses' in the school.

Any Opinions or Suggestions?
Oh, and eventually, the Main Character will find out about a powerful Magical uncle who doesn't know he exsits and he goes to live with him, instead of the orphanage.
Maybe Eventually falls in love with one of the freinds too.
No answers that mean nothing, like why are you writing that, or it's stupid, please be nice.

Back