I have a 99' GMC Sonoma, Stalling at about 65 - 70 MPH after 30 to 5 minutes?

jdoucette52

Dec 1, 2008
I have a 99' GMC Sonoma, this pass weekend I drove to Lawton Ok. 600 miles from B.R. la., as I got to the city limits the truck started to slow down like no gas getting to engine (but didn't shut off). Pull over to side of road, engine still running in idle, tried to raise speed of engine with no luck. Turn off ignition switch and restarted engine and truck drove as normal. Test drove truck the next day for several miles with no problems. The third day while driving back to B.R. La. about an hour of driving, truck started to slow down again to the point of pulling over shutting off engine and restarting, truck drove normally for another 30 - 45 minutes and this continue, but as time went on the time in between stops began to get shorter to about 5 - 6 minutes. As the time was getting shorter the check engine soon light came on. Today I drove the truck and it's driving fine for short runs. Will this problem become worse and will engine not start at all . Fuel pump and filter replaced 01/25/08 @ 148,000 miles and it's 11/08 @ 158,000 miles Thanks Joe

most likely the fuel pump, you need a pressure tester on it when the problem happens to be sure. should be 58- 60psi

Back