i go to a private school and i wear a turban because it is a part of my religion?

JohnS

May 11, 2008
im going to start wearing a different turban (a pagri) i wear a turban called a patka now..
im doing this because im going to high school and i feel i am ready to wear it...
what should i expect from people (like what will they say to me) i know most of these kids that are going to be at school with me and its a private school

You will probably be asked to take it off, especially in a private school. It is generally seen as rude to wear any sort of head covering, especially in the schools and places of work. YOU may not be the type to conceal weapons in the turban, but there are those who WOULD do that and they can't favor YOU just because you are different, everyone needs to be treated the same.

They will ask questions. Some may tease. I hope the majority are more mature than that.

they will most likely ask you to take it off, and in a private school they can
depending what kind of school it is, i went to a christian school and they got pissed if you wore anything indicating another religion

Back