I created a .torrent file for my photos and want to rename the photo folders....

Moonlight

Jun 29, 2008
...Will the .torrent still work? Basically, I want to standardize the naming convention on my c: drive. I created some torrent files to share my photos with my family and friends overseas a long time ago. The torrents link to various top-level folders that are named "event.names.yyyy-mm-dd" while others are "location_names_event_MMM-DD-YY", etc. The lack of consistency is getting on my nerves and I want to just rename all of the folders on my C: drive

Within the top level folders are sub-folders that contain the actual photos of vacations,etc.. If I go through and rename all the top level folders, will the existing .torrent files still work properly? If it won't work, is there a way I can update the .torrent file with the new folder names?

I am trying to avoid creating new torrent files for every renamed folder. Any workarounds? Any info you can provide on this process is helpful!

Thanks in advance!

I apologize if my question is stupid, I just don't really understand how the .torrent knows which pictures to share. FYI - I use BitTorrent client.

Back