How can I swap the Alt and Application keys on an unsupported keyboard in Mac OSX?

KyleStyle1

Feb 13, 2011
Here's the pic: http://gallery.me.com/kylestyle#100106

I have a logitech MK320 wireless desktop and am running Mac OSX, which is not supported for this keyboard. The alt key, which is closest to the space-bar, echoes the option key function, and the next button out, the Windows application key, echoes the command key function. Thus, those two modifier keys are flip-flopped compared to a standard Mac setup, which has the command key closest to the space-bar and the option key the next one out.
When I try to edit the modifier key functions for this keyboard in the Mac OSX settings pane it doesn't change anything (probably because the keyboard is not supported).
I use QuicKeys extensively for my macros and key bindings on all my devices, but I don't see any method using QuicKeys to edit modifier key functions. Therefore, I need a different third party program to change the functionality of these buttons.
I have heard of ControllerMate and I believe it may serve the purpose, but I was wondering if I may be missing a simpler program that I could use to change these buttons only.

Back