Home Theater / Stereo Question! can anyone answer this?

EvanEssence

Dec 30, 2010
below is a link to a home theater system i am considering buying.......

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S7300-7-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B003OQUIIG/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1293641115&sr=8-20

BUT, i have two big 200 watt speakers from an older system i would really like to use WITH it.

would that receiver be powerful enough to power all of the supplied speakers PLUS My two speakers here??
i think there are

That is a bad idea.

Look - a budget system with a matched set of identical speakers can give a great HT experience. Mixing different speakers - even if they are higher end - will blow the illusion of surround sound.

The other problem - often "box" systems are designed to work only with the included speakers and subwoofer. One of the things you give up for the low price is the ability to mix/match parts.

So you are better off using this Onkyo system for HT and buying a separate receiver for $100-$200 from your local Craigslist for your 2-speaker music system.

the question is: are there outlets in the rear to support your speakers...its already supporting 7 as it is..

you may be able to substitute YOUR two speakers for those two towers they supply you with.but the 7.1 surround system is designed to support seven speakers, not 9;

Back