Had my car now 12 months on HP head gasket blown for 3rd time, can i return...

KarlSmith

Jul 30, 2010
...the car i've only done 6500 miles? My car had the head gasket go for the 3rd time in 12 months, this is now the final straw as when i first purchased the car, the first few days i found out all 4 tyre valves were glued in ( stranded on car park with 4 deflated tyres ), then clutch cable snapped, then when on a trip 2 western super mare the radiator blew up with my kids in the car only got half way there and had to be towed 60 miles home. Then the head gasket went so i took it in to the gararge where i had it from and the repaired it ( so they told me ) I drove it for a day and i had the white smoke out the exhaust the overheating, loosing coolant going into the oil with the creamy texture again i took it back, and now it's gone again, I've been told once repaired or changed a head gasket should last 50-70000 miles or at least have a 12 month warranty for such a big job. As i had it done through the finance company I had no reciepts, i contacted the garage for details of the jobs that have been done since i had the car and was told that there are no records of the repairs, i asked so you don't keep records for the repairs that are done and he replied no. Surely this is illegal for VAT reasons, and now i have reported it to the financial ombudsman. Will the finance company take the car back as i have only done 6500 miles in it in 12 months as the whole family are scared of going out in it.

Any advice appreciated

Back