Frustrating Windows Movie Maker Problem

TraceyP

Mar 16, 2008
I have been to several forums but nobody can seem to help me. I want to convert the video to a gif file. Several people said adobe image ready is the best solution. It comes with photoshop but I cant afford the program. Some other people said that I should try using a wmv to gif converter. So I downloaded a program for that hoping that it would work. But when I tried to open the file, it didnt show up in the browse window. I looked all over for it but couldnt find it. So I open up movie maker, click open and guess what, it was right there in the menu. So I went back to the converter and clicked browse. I still cant find it. So then I noticed that the file was in windows movie maker project format. How do I convert it to wmv or the other files that can be opened up in gif, converter, or photoshop programs? I tried saving it by clicking save movie file. It allows me to save it but I cant save it as a file that is readable by other programs. This is really annoying me because all I want to do is make a gif. But now it has turned into a problem that I have been trying to fix for several days.

First save the movie as dv-avi (An avi file, it'll be big). Then get an avi to wmv converter, then use your wmv to gif software.

Or try and find an .avi to .gif converter.

Back