ELECTRONICS GUYS HELP--BUILDING A CELLPHONE CHARGER TO CHARGE FROM AA SIZE

souvik

Jan 28, 2011
BATTERIES DURING EMERGENCIES.? hii ,
I have a vacation coming up in less than a week.I will be on the road for most times with gps and mobile net switched on all the time which brings us to the problem of battery life which will give me only 3 hour 50 mins of web browsing(if only net used@ideal situation). To overcome the battery problem i have decided to build a charger from AA sized batteries. i have a china device which has a step up up circuit giving a constant output voltage of 5 volts coming from a single AA battery.I have few questions on this:

MY NOKIA 5230 battery specifications are :
model-BL-5J
1320 mAH
3.7 v
4.9 Wh.
its a li-ion battery.

1>> how many AA sized batteries will be needed to fully charge my cell phone battery using the china product??(a very rough multimeter reading came to 25 ma output from the china product which i cant trust as the design made the insertion of probes tricky)
2> if i make my own charger..will an output of more than 5v damage my phone?(i have two options-1.2v*4=4.8 v-will it be enough to charge my cellphone? OR 1.5*4=6 V-will it damage my phone) )
3> Are 4 batteries in series charging the phone at the same time a faster way to charge or using my china device which charges using one AA sized battery a faster option.
4> i was wondering about how many milli amps of current is required for charging a cell phone battery of my specification.
5> which formula decides on how much capacity is present in a mobile battery(which i can equate to the AA batteries to come down to how many are required)

I have not touched my physics books for ages. But will understand technical terms. had science in high school.

Back