Easy Recipe Idea For Class?!?

locknload

Feb 28, 2012
I have to make something for class and spend 1-2 minutes explaining the cultural significance behind the dish.

A little more info:
I prefer to bake something like a dessert rather than cooking
I live in dorms so I don't have extensive tools (like mixers)
Something relatively easy (doesn't have to feed the whole class, something small is fine)

Alright, so any recipes and their cultural significance helps! (Can be any culture/country)

I have the perfect dish for you. As to the cultural significance you'll have to do your own research.

I would recommend a Clafouti, which is a French custard baked with sweet cherries.

If it is made with fruit other than cherries, it is called a flaugnarde

It is an extremely easy dish to make (best made in a quiche pan) and quite good.

My favorite version is the clafouti by Julia Child but do a search for either and you will get lots of versions and information.

I have the perfect dish for you. As to the cultural significance you'll have to do your own research.

I would recommend a Clafouti, which is a French custard baked with sweet cherries.

If it is made with fruit other than cherries, it is called a flaugnarde

It is an extremely easy dish to make (best made in a quiche pan) and quite good.

My favorite version is the clafouti by Julia Child but do a search for either and you will get lots of versions and information.

Back