Does it irritate you when people of different religions don't answer your questions?

MagpieofEden

Jun 4, 2010
....but instead say, "I'll pray for you?"

This question is for religious and non religious people to share their thoughts. I am a Jehovah's Witness (for 27 years although I left the religion for a period before realising it was the truth and returning to it)

I have met a few other Christians of different denominations during my search for the truth and frequently asked them questions.
I also work with a born again Christian, a Jewish woman, and a Catholic. (the rest of the people in my office are atheist or simply don't-know-don't-really-care-viewpoints.)

My husband works with and is good friends with a Muslim.

I have had a few chats with most of these people and tried to find satisfying answers to my questions (they've been more then happy to talk to me and I haven't ever forced people to talk about religion, especially not in the workplace because it's a touchy subject, lol) but NONE of them have provided satisfactory responses to my questions. Each time I bring up a subject or ask "why do you believe this or that" and ask them questions directly from the Scriptures, they give a very lame reply or no reply at all. Instead, they change the subject or just say, "I'll pray for you."

I don't want them to pray for me, I want my questions answered!!

For me, only Jehovah's Witnesses give satisfying, sensible, logical and direct answers to all the important questions.
If I met someone on our door to door preaching work, and they asked me questions, I would answer them straight from the Bible supporting our beliefs, and if they asked me a question I was unsure of, I wouldn't simply say, "I'll pray for you" I would just be honest and say, "you know what, I'm actually not 100% sure of that answer - let me do some research and come back to tell you!"

So - does it annoy you when people dance around a question and just say, "well, I'll pray for you?" It seems quite patronising too!

This question isn't meant to offend anyone, please keep your answers respectful and refrain from any hateful comments.

Thanks!

Back