Do you Think This Is Fair?

MAGIC

Jun 2, 2008
I got a computer as a gift from my dad when I was in Grade 5 it was fun when I got it because I never had my own Computer before but now I hate it im in grade 9 now And I need somthing better it is just crap because I cant do anything like play games or go on internet without it slowing down or crashing and I always end up using the library computers I mean it has Integrated graphics only 512mb ram small case small fan makes lots of heat and the fan sounds like a cars engine no dvd drive non upgradeable because almost everything is Integrated. so now that the computer is in my name everything is registered in my name windows os, case , monitor. what i wanted to do was sell it and get another one this computer would be perfect for light duty office work and I already have an offer. the computer has very bad performance when lots of data is on the hard drive but thats what I need I mean a word document takes like 6 minutes to load I expect that to happen when the hardrive is only 40gb
and I already used up 26gb. well I could safely say this computer is a piece of Garbage. my dad wont let me sell it I mean he says the computer is just fine how could he say its just fine he doesnt even use it he doesnt know how to he uses another os where he works thats used to label products off the assembly line. My friend had a computer like mine inestead of upgrading it he sold it locally his dad said he was ok with it as long as he only sells the case mouse and keyboard and nothing else and payment was in cash and had to be givin to him. now he has a fast computer p4 2gb ram great graphics, sound and everything and it is fully upgradable and customized and he used the same money he got from selling his old computer and a little of his own thats exactly what I want to do but my dad wont let me how can I get him to change his mind?
I have an offfer of $250 this computer would not be so bad if in a airconditioned room but I dont have an ac only fans if not in an ac room if you take the cover off you could use it as a fan forced heater im not even joking. the guy wants the computer to use for a while then for parts hes going to use it in the office where it is cool and there are computers just like this there. what do I do? I cant keep on wiping the hardrive to make the computer run better I have lots of data and im also sick of cleaning the computer every week there is a small case and so much dust. my dad says he doesnt want to spend anymore money but he doesnt have to I will take care of the difference in the price using my own savings. he doesnt want to spend more money because he is losing money because the factory he works in is not gettinging shipments of parts and trucks are getting expensive to re fuel basically the company is going down hill and hes looking for another job
he doesnt work on the assembly line though he is a supervisor and is learning to drive forklift and just learned to drive a truck he mostly labels the products and boxes now. hes having trouble with money when he doesnt need to be he has his own problems and I have mine im willing to pay my money with the old computer money to buy a new computer. he doesnt need to give me anything other than permission. what can I do? my moms ok with it but my dad is not.

Back