convert videos

robin326

Dec 3, 2013
america
1080 50P is 1920x1080 HD video with 50 full (progressive) frames per second for the purpose of smooth motion. Sometimes, down-converting/transcoding 1080P AVCHD to 720P ProRes 422 is necessary to edit AVCHD footage in FCP on Mac laptop semi-painlessly.

720P looks sharp and won't give you massive headaches and possibly frying your computer. Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac, a professional AVCHD to Mac converter, can fast down-convert and transcode 1080 50P AVCHD to 720p ProRes 422 HQ for FCP with the best chromatic resolution.

Here is a simple tutorial to help you transcoding Sony NEX-5T 1080 50P AVCHD to 720P ProRes 422 HQ for FCP.

Below is a simple step-by-step guide.

Step1: Import or drag & drop AVCHD 50P footage

video-converter-mac-imput-20131203.png

When you start Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac, you can stays cursor on the icon and clear instruction will show you the function.
You can import AVCHD 50P content via clicking the icon in the upper corner or just drag them to the program directly.

This Sony NEX-5T AVCHD to Mac converter also equipped with edit tool, including trimming, cropping, adding watermark, and even 3D effect for you do initial editing before importing in FCP.

Step 2: Select ProRes 422 HQ as export format for FCP X

video-converter-mac-output-20131203.png

Click "format". Under the FCP menu, it’s clearly to see proper formats for FCP. With the well-designed user-friendly format menu, I bet you won’t take 30 seconds instead of taking several minutes in this step.

ProRes 422 is native codec to read AVCHD in FCP. ProRes 422 HQ is recommended here for offering better video quality than ProRes 422.

Step 3: Set video size as 1280*720 for output RroRes MOV

video-converter-mac-profile-20131203.png

Click "settings" to set video size as 1280*720 for down-converting 1080P AVCHD for FCP. The default frame rate as 23.976 for 720P export ProRes MOV can guarantee the high video quality and smooth edit in FCP.

You can clear view the profile of source AVCHD progressive and target file from the list. If you batch convert several AVCHD contents, you can click yellow triangle icons to view different task.

Step 4: Transcode AVCHD 50P progressive to ProRes 422

Click "Conversion" icon to transcode Sony NEX-5T AVCHD 1080 50P progressive to ProRes 422 HQ with down-converted 720P.
Click "Open output folder" for easily locating the export ProRes MOV.

If you want to go out or go sleep at night, you can keep this AVCHD to Mac conversion program run via just one click" shunt down computer after conversion"

Read More

SWF Converter + FLV Converter (wins)

Panasonic AVCHD Converter for Mac

Convert Panasonic AVCHD compatible to Mac

Play/Convert/Edit EOS 7D 1080p HD MOV on Mac

Convert/Play TiVo/MKV/ AVI/VOB/VRO to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 on Mac

I need to edit a video that was shot using a camera with MXF / P2 files. I am having a terrible time trying to get these files converted to a format that MAGIX will import. Finally I download free Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac trial version, it works well and I get output videos with perfect video/audio synchronization.

I know, Many people complain that there are video and sound problem when they transcode P2 MXF to MAGIX, or to FCP, iMovie, FCE, QuickTime, etc. So firstly I’d like to share a tip about P2 MXF file. You Know, Unlike Canon MXF where audio and video is stored in the same file that can be separated for archiving, P2 MXF files store each track of video and audio in separate files. If you only have some loose P2 MXF clips, the files will only have image but no audio.

In order to convert MXF audio and video files without sound missing, loading the whole folder to MXF file converter is a smart option. However, even you just load P2 MXF clips from "VEDIO" folder, Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac can recognize audio tracks from 'AUDIO' folder automatically. I like this. This MXF video and audio can fast convert P2 MXF files into various other video formats workable for MAGIX, including HD video formats like AVI, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, VOB, MKV, MOV,etc.

Here is my experience on this superb MXF video and audio Converter to encode P2 MXF footage to MAGIX Movie Edit Pro with MPEG-4 HD video.

Step1. Load P2 MXF footage into TransMXF Pro for Mac

Free download trial version or buy full version, Click "add video" to load P2 MXF clips from "VEDIO" folder or click "add folder" to load the "VEDIO" folder/entire P2 MXF folder. You also can drag P2 MXF files to it directly. Here please ensure that you have the entire MXF file structure as it saved on P2 card. And I suggest preview MXF files to avoid of no audio in source file.

I think the icon on the interface is clear, simple to operate. Staying cursor on the icon, brief explanatory note will turn up to help you know the function.

mxf-pro-mac-input-20131205.png

Step2. Click the format bar and select ""HD Video"→"MPEG-4 HD Video (*.mp4)" for MAGIX Movie Edit Pro."

Click "format". Under the HD video list, it’s clearly to see proper formats with accurate description for MAGIX. The user-friendly format bar of TransMXF Pro for Mac will take you less than 30 seconds to select format in this step.

You can directly text HD or any format you selected for MAGIX in the search bar, even faster.

mxf-pro-mac-output-20131205.png

Step3. Click the Settings to set audio and video profile for output MPEG-4

Before converting P2 MXF to MAGIX editable format, you can adjust audio and video profile, including video size, video bitrates, video frame rates, audio channels, etc.

Step4. Click convert button in the main interface to trnascode P2 MXF footage to MAGIX Movie Edit Pro

This MXF converter is efficient and effective, running conversion at super fast speed.

Not for a while, with just a click on "Open output folder", I located the export MPEG-4 video easily. Finally, I got high definition MPEG-4 video with no sound problem encoded from P2 MXF for MAGIX editing.
If you look for any MXF audio and video file converter or solution about how to apply codec to p2 cards for iMovie, MXF to FCP, MXF to FCE, MXF to Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas, etc, Aunsoft convert native mxf to Final Cut Pro is a good option.

Read More

Thanksgiving Event 2013

How to Use Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac?

iMedia Converter for Mac

TransMXF Pro

Simple steps to convert and transcode Panasonic HPX300 AVC-Intra100 MXF to FCP X

Just follow these simple steps—view XDCAM HD 422 1080/60i MXF files in VLC

I render out some XDCAM HD 422 1080/60i files from my Sony PMW-100. Although they can be edited and viewed in Sony Vegas fine, I have no reliable way to play back the raw MXF files on my PC. I have VLC, and the video looks pretty good, but the audio either plays at 4X speed, or simply stops after a few seconds, and if I click the timeline more than once, VLC crashes. Is that to say VLC doesn't like interlace XDCAM HD 422 MXF recordings, so does other player on my PC? I know that I can view and see MXF file with Sony XDCAM viewer, but MXF footage is not compatible format for most portable devices and can't be shared in YouTube. I need to transcode my 1080/60i MXF files.

I turned to look for some MXF viewer app and I got Aunsoft TransMXF Pro. This MXF viewer is versatile, converting and transcoding MXF files to multi-track video, HD video, MOV, MP4, MKV, AVI, FLV, WMV, MPG, etc for playing on PC and portable devices. In order to view XDCAM 422 MXF files in VLC, I deinterlance and transcode 1080/60i MXF to DivX AVI. Here I'd like to share my experience.

Step1. Accurately load MXF to TransMXF Pro

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load MXF file. I dragged several MXF clips to it directly to do batch conversion.

In this step, you may encounter that XDCAM HD MXF with just video but no audio. A suggestion is to click "add folder" to load the entire MXF whole structure folder to avoid of missing audio caused by metadata loss. Then, you can play raw MXF files in the preview window with both audio and video. Meanwhile, the output encoded AVI files will also be with sound.

Snapshot function seems pretty good when preview MXF file.

transmxf pro1-input-20131206.png

Step 2: Click the format bar and select "HD Video -> DivX HD Video (*.avi)" for VLC

Click Format bar to choose output format and you can choose MP4, AVI, MKV or other common formats. Here I choose "HD Video -> DivX HD Video (*.avi)", which is supported by nearly all player and portable devices.
I directly enter Avid in the search bar, even faster. The user-friendly format bar of TransMXF Pro will take you less than 30 seconds to select format in this step.

transmxf pro1-output-20131206.png

Step3. Deinterlace XDCAM HD422 1080/60i MXF video

Click “Editor” button and then click "Effect". Tick the checkbox of "Deinterlacing" to deinterlance XDCAM HD422 MXF video. Then the AVI generated from raw MXF files will be played flawlessly in VLC. Here you are allowed to crop unwanted video parts, trim video length and add some special effects. You can preview the raw MXF and output AVI simultaneously here.

transmxf pro1-deinterlance-20131206.png

Step4. Click convert button in the main interface to transcode MXF to AVI for VLC

TransMXF Pro will run conversion at super fast speed. Not for a while, I got generated DivX HD AVI with perfect video and audio synchronization. And with just a click on "Open output folder", I quickly located the output file.

If you look for MXF viewer app to simply view XDCAM MXF files, or a reliable way to play back the raw MXF files on my PC, Aunsoft TransMXF Pro is professional MXF viewer app to play and see MXF file on PC media player.

Read More

Thanksgiving Event 2013

iMedia Converter for Mac

TransMXF

Convert Canon XF100 MXF Videos to iPhone 5 with Windows PC

The best conversion of AVCHD to AVI-iMedia Converter for Mac

The new Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1, as Panasonic's first truly "micro" Micro Four Thirds camera, is one of the smallest compact system cameras in the World. With its remarkably compact body, the DMC-GM1 does not compromise on image quality. It records smooth, high-resolution full-HD 1920 x 1080 video recording in AVCHD or MP4 (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. Even surprised by stunning GM1 AVCHD recordings, perhaps you will get a headache when you try to transcode AVCHD to AVI format.

As we know, AVI is one of the most popular video formats, transcoding AVCHD to AVI is a solution to play AVCHD video with Avid, QuickTime, VLC Media Player, MPlayer, KMPlayer, etc on Mac and other platforms. Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac, a professional Panasonic Lumix AVCHD to Mac converter, offers best conversion of AVCHD to AVI with codec like DivX or Xvid for playback and editing on Mac.

Below is a tutorial about tanscoding Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 AVCHD to AVI for Mac.

Step1: Import or drag & drop Lumix DMC-GM1 AVCHD recordings to Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac

You can import AVCHD content via clicking “add video” or “add folder” in the upper corner. I directly drag my AVCHD files to the program directly, faster. Here suggests preview source AVCHD videos to avoid of no audio problem in output AVI.

imedia-converter-mac-input-201312091.png

Step 2: Choose proper output AVI for Mac

Click format in the main interface. Under "HD Video" table, you can convert AVCHD to HD AVI format to preserve better quality. I enter AVI in the search bar directly, even faster.

Here you have options to choose Archos AVI, BlackBerry AVI, Creative Zen AVI, etc, which satisfy precisely needs to do best conversion of AVCHD to AIV for different media player or editing systems on Mac.

imedia-converter-mac-output-201312091.png

Step 3: Preset Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 AVCHD to AVI transcode settings

Click "settings" to preset audio and video profile to export HD quality AVI for Mac.

I set video bitrates as high quality and bring video size down to 1280*720 for saving space. iMedia Converter for Mac preserve the highest quality of original AVCHD files, which make the video quality hard to distinguish by your naked eyes even you shrink an over-large 1080P AVCHD file to 720P AVI.

Profile list make you easily view the profile of source AVCHD materials and target file, as well as your free disc space. If you batch convert several AVCHD contents, you can click yellow triangle icons to view different tasks.

imedia-converter-mac-profile-201312091.png

Step 4: Transcode Panasonic AVCHD to AVI

Click "Conversion" icon to transcode Panasonic AVCHD to HD AVI for Mac. With just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the export HD AVI video easily.

More than of providing best conversion of AVCHD to AVI, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is able to transcode AVCHD to iMovie, AVCHD to QuickTime, AVCHD to Avid, AVCHD to Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas, AVCHD to FCE, etc. with native codec. All my problems with AVCHD formats seem to be solved with all-in-one AVCHD to Mac conversion tool.

Read More

Thanksgiving Event 2013

iMedia Converter for Mac

TransMXF Pro

Available download MXF viewer to view and play JVC GY-HM650 MXF file in Avid

Ultimate Software Solution for MXF, P2 MXF

Sony FDR-AX1 is the latest 4K/60P Handycam camcorder released by Sony. The FDR-AX1 records 4K and HD movies in the new XAVC S format, which adopts MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Long GOP for video and Linear PCM for audio compression and saves files in an MP4 wrapper. Not limited in MP4, recording is possible at 60P, 50P, 30P, 25P, 24P in either 4K UHD or regular 1920 X 1080 HD. When you turn to Full HD AVCHD recording, you can store almost 3 hours of 1920×1080 60p footage on a single card.

However, 1080 50P/60P is always a pain when you try to import AVCHD to FCP, including the latest FCP X. In order to import and edit Sony FDR-AX1 50P AVCHD files in FCP X, we have to transcode AVCHD footage to native Apple ProRes 422 codec for FCP. Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac, a professional AVCHD to FCP Conversion tool, can fast transcode 50P AVCHD to Apple ProRes 422 at a range of frame rates, including 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30.50, 59.94, 60 for precisely needs.

Below is a tutorial about transcoding Sony FDR-AX1 50P AVCHD to ProRes 422 for FCP X.

Step1: Import or drag & drop AVCHD 50P footage

When you start Aunsoft user-friendly iMedia Converter for Mac, the clear instruction in the main interface is clearly show you the main function icon.
You can import AVCHD 50P content via clicking the icon in the upper corner or just drag them to the program directly.

Step 2: Select ProRes 422 as export format for FCP importer

Click "format" and under the FCP menu, you can clearly see proper formats for FCP, among which, native codec to read AVCHD files in FCP importer, including ProRes 422 and ProRes 444. I bet you won’t take 30 seconds instead of taking several minutes in this step with the user-friendly iMedia Converter for Mac.

ProRes 422 HQ is recommended here for offering even greater headroom to preserve the quality of even the most demanding.

video-mac-output-20131203.png

Step 3: Set proper frame rate for output ProRes 422 HQ MOV

Set proper frame rate is important. The video frame rate is up to 60fps under the ProRes 422 format profile settings. After much verification, here suggests 25P in PAL (30P in NTSC) to keep high video quality and smooth edit in FCP X. Before transcoding Sony FDR-AX1 50P AVCHD to ProRes 422, you can also adjust other settings, like video size, video bitrates, audio channels, etc. I prefer to set video bitrates as high quality and choose 5.1 channels for better audio and video quality.

Profile list make you easily view the profile of source AVCHD materials and target file, as well as your free disc space. If you batch convert several AVCHD contents, you can click yellow triangle icons to view different tasks.

imedia-converter-mac-profile-20131210..png

Step 4: Transcode Sony FDR-AX1 AVCHD file to ProRes 422 HQ MOV

Click "Conversion" icon to transcode Sony FDR-AX1 50P progressive to ProRes 422. With just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the export ProRes MOV easily.
Besides, this efficient program supports batch conversion. You can go sleep when iMedia Converter for Mac processes batch conversion via a click on "shut down computer after conversion".

More than of transcoding 50P AVCHD to ProRes 422 for FCP, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is able to transcode AVCHD to iMovie, AVCHD to QuickTime, AVCHD to Avid, AVCHD to Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas, AVCHD to FCE, etc. with native codec. All my problems with AVCHD formats seem to be solved with all-in-one AVCHD to Mac conversion tool.

Read More

iMedia Converter for Mac

Simple a few steps to transcode Lumix GM1 AVCHD files to other 1920x1080P format

Panasonic Lumix GM1 Review: Not quite a day after Sony made its announcement of two mirrorless cameras with full frame sensors in October 2013, Panasonic announced the Lumix DMC-GM1, a first truly "micro" Micro Four Thirds camera in the world. The Lumix DMC-GM1, can be seen as a pocketable camera with a 16 megapixel Four Thirds sensor. Compare to its big brother, CX7, the GM1 inherits almost all of the same imaging capability in smaller size. However, while the GX7 can shoot 1080P at 50fps, the GM1 can only manage the same frame rates at 1080i, although it can shoot Full HD at 25fps.

As far as we know, AVCHD video file (MTS/M2TS extension) provides you with the enjoyment of up to 1080p Full-HD visual image quality. But it's always the real pain to play and edit AVCHD footage on Mac, including FCP, FCE, iMovie, QuickTime, etc. Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac, a professional AVCHD to Mac Converter, can transcode AVCHD to other 1920x1080p format for easier editing. For instance, this AVCHD converter provides Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 444 codec to read AVCHD in FCP.

Below is step-to-step tutorial about how to transcode Panasonic Lumix GM1 AVCHD files to 1920x1080p Apple PrRes 422 HQ for FCP.

Step1: Import or drag & drop AVCHD 1920*1080 footage

When you start Aunsoft user-friendly Video Converter for Mac, the clear instruction in the main interface is clearly show you the main function icon.
You can import Panasonic AVCHD content via clicking the icon in the upper corner or just drag them to the program directly.

If you shoot 1080/50i/60i AVCHD recordings with GM1, you can click “editor tool” icon to de-interlance it to 1080/50p/60p for flawlessly video quality.

imedia-converter-mac-input--201312092.png

Step 2: Select ProRes 422 as export format for FCP importer

Click "format" and under the FCP menu, you can clearly see proper formats for FCP, including ProRes 422 and ProRes 444, the most friendly format for FCP. You can also enter FCP in the search bar directly, even faster.
ProRes 422 HQ is recommended here for offering even greater headroom to preserve the quality of even the most demanding.

video-converter-mac-output-20131203.png

Step 3: Set video size as 1920*1080 for output ProRes 422 MOV

Click "settings" to set Video Size as 1920*1080 or as original to maintain output format as original AVCHD video size and HD quality.
Before transcoding AVCHD to MOV with iMedia Converter for Mac, you can also adjust other settings, like video bitrates, audio channels, sample rate, etc.

imedia-converter-mac-profile-201312092.png

Step 4: Transcode Panasonic GM1 AVCHD to 1920*1080P ProRes 422 MOV

Click "Conversion" icon to transcode AVCHD to 1920x1080P ProRes 422 MOV. With just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the export ProRes MOV easily.

What’s more, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is versatile, which can transcode AVCHD to iMovie, AVCHD to QuickTime, AVCHD to Avid, AVCHD to Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas, AVCHD to FCE, etc. All my problems with AVCHD formats seem to be solved with all-in-one AVCHD to Mac conversion tool.

Read More

iMedia Converter for Mac

Only need a quick steps -Convert Sony PDW-700 XDCAM HD MXF to MOV for QuickTime

Equipped with three 2/3-inch type CCDs – a newly developed "Power HAD FX" progressive CCD with 1920 x 1080 effective pixels, Sony professional PDW-700 XDCAM HD camcorder capture stunning quality HD images by this this high-resolution CCD together with the 14-bit A/D converter and advanced digital signal. On top of the exceptional technology, the PDW-700 deliver very high quality HD recording at a data rate of up to 50Mbps using the MPEG-2 4:2:2 compression. . It also offers multi-format recording flexibility including 1080i, 720P and SD.

I shoot some MXF recordings from my Sony PDW-700 XDCAM camera and I have no reliable way to play back the raw MXF files on my Mac. I view XDCAM MXF file in QuickTime, where the video looks great, but the audio either plays at 4X speed, or simply stops after a few seconds. I tried to click the timeline more than once, the QuickTime player crashes. It’s really annoying. To view and play XDCAM MXF in QuickTime flawlessly, I use Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac to convert XDCAM to DVCPRO MOV with perfect video and audio synchronization. TransMXF Pro for Mac also supports transcoding MXF file to MOV with Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 4444, DVCPRO HD, XDCAM, HDV, Avid DNxHD MOV and even multiple audio tracks MOV for FCP, iMovie, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere on Mac (including Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks). This is so great for me.

Here I would like to share my experience on converting Sony PDW-700 XDCAM HD MXF to MOV for QuickTime on Mac.

Step 1: Import Sony PDW-700 XDCAM HD MXF to TransMXF Pro for Mac

Available download MXF viewer app trial version. Connect your Sony PDW-700 XDCAM to Mac and transfer MXF video files to your Mac for converting.
Click "add video" or "add folder". You can also directly drag and drop individual MXF file or XDCAM MXF file structure to this excellent Sony XDCAM MXF Converter.
In avoid of no audio in output MOV, you'd better to preview raw MXF video in the preview. You can take snapshoot. That's pretty nice.

Step 2: Select DVCPRO MOV for QuickTime on Mac

DVCPRO HD is a 100 Mbps extension of the DVCPRO (25) and DVCPRO 50 formats, used for capturing and editing high-quality HD video, DVCPRO MOV keeps high video and audio quality for playback MXF video format in QuickTime. Here you have NTSC and PAL options for DVCPRO MOV, which can satisfy different areas standard.

Click the “Format” option in the main interface of Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac, choose QuickTime Movie Format > DVCPRO-NTSC (*.mov) as output format.
I directly enter QuickTime in the search bar, even faster. I bet you won't take more than 30 seconds in this step.

You can also choose other QuickTime favorable formats, like AVI, MP4, MPEG, etc.

Step 3: Adjust video and audio profile

Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. You can also use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically. You can change the resolution, bitrates, and frame rate as you need.

Step 4: Convert Sony PDW-700 XDCAM 422 MXF to MOV

Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac will run conversion at super fast speed. Not for a while, you can get generated DVCPRO MOV with perfect video and audio synchronization. You can preview raw MXF and generated MOV when conversion completed. And with just a click on "Open output folder", you can easily locate the output file.
After you converting Sony XDCAM MXF files to MOV, you can view and play the converted MXF footages smoothly with Marvericks QuickTime or other Players on Mac.

The resultful method to convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV for Avid

I am an amateur photographer and recently I shoot some XDCAM MXF files with my Sony PMW-200. I was wondering if the Avid Media Composer works with MXF footages natively. So I searched the Google and post comments to look for some help with Sony XDCAM MXF importing workflow in Avid MC. But I find that no matter what version of Avid that I have, AMC doesn’t work with MXF footage from my Sony PMW-200 directly. And the most suggested workaround is to transcode XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV that Avid Media Composer prefers to.

For giving priority of high video and audio quality, I use the recommended Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac. With just a few clicks, this excellent Sony XDCAM video Converter allows you to convert Sony XDCAM HD422 MXF files to Avid Media Composer compatible format DNxHD easily and quickly. What's more, this MXF conversion program is a professional to transcode MXF file to MOV with Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 4444, DVCPRO HD, XDCAM, HDV, AIC MOV and even multiple audio tracks MOV for FCP, iMovie, QuickTime, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc. on Mac (including Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks) with perfect audio and video synchronization.

Here I'd like to share my experience on transcoding Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV for Avid.

P.S. If you are working with Windows PC, you can use Aunsoft TransMXF Pro to convert Sony PMW-200 MXF footage to Avid DNxHD MOV on Windows, which share the same basic steps with this guide.

Step1. Accurately import Sony XDCAM MXF to TransMXF Pro for Mac

Connect Sony PMW-200 XDCAM camcorder to your Mac computer hard drive via USB cable.

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load MXF file. I dragged several MXF clips to it directly to do batch conversion.

In this step, you may encounter that the MXF with just video but no audio. A suggestion is to click "add folder" to load the entire XDCAM MXF whole structure folder to avoid of missing audio caused by metadata loss. Then, you can play raw MXF files in the preview window with both audio and video. Meanwhile, the output encoded MOV files will also be with sound. Snapshot function seems pretty good when preview MXF file.

Step2. Click the format bar and select "Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.MOV) "

Click "format". Under the Avid Media Composer list, you can quickly pick Avid DNxHD (*.MOV) for Avid editing. I directly enter Avid in the search bar, even faster. The user-friendly format bar of TransMXF Pro for Mac will take you less than 30 seconds to select format in this step.

Step3. Click the Settings to set audio and video profile for output MOV

I set video bitrates as high quality to better video of output DNxHD MOV for further editing in Avid. For Frame Rate, I chose stay as original.

From Profile list, I can easily compare the profile of source MXF and export Avid DNxHD MOV, as well as my free disc space. The triangle icons on the right are to view different tasks.

Step4. Convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV

Click “conversion” to convert Sony XDCAM MXF to MOV. I got generated DNxHD MOV with perfect video and audio synchronization. You can preview raw MXF and generated MOV when conversion completed. And with just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the output file.

If you look for an available MXF to Mac converter or a solution to view and play XDCAM HD 422 MXF in Avid, Aunsoft TransMXF can offer solutions to all kinds of MXF viewing problems.

I am an amateur photographer and recently I shoot some XDCAM MXF files with my Sony PMW-200. I was wondering if the Avid Media Composer works with MXF footages natively. So I searched the Google and post comments to look for some help with Sony XDCAM MXF importing workflow in Avid MC. But I find that no matter what version of Avid that I have, AMC doesn’t work with MXF footage from my Sony PMW-200 directly. And the most suggested workaround is to transcode XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV that Avid Media Composer prefers to.

For giving priority of high video and audio quality, I use the recommended Aunsoft TransMXF Pro for Mac. With just a few clicks, this excellent Sony XDCAM video Converter allows you to convert Sony XDCAM HD422 MXF files to Avid Media Composer compatible format DNxHD easily and quickly. What's more, this MXF conversion program is a professional to transcode MXF file to MOV with Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 4444, DVCPRO HD, XDCAM, HDV, AIC MOV and even multiple audio tracks MOV for FCP, iMovie, QuickTime, Adobe Premiere, Sony Vegas, etc. on Mac (including Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks) with perfect audio and video synchronization.

Here I'd like to share my experience on transcoding Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV for Avid.

P.S. If you are working with Windows PC, you can use Aunsoft TransMXF Pro to convert Sony PMW-200 MXF footage to Avid DNxHD MOV on Windows, which share the same basic steps with this guide.

Step1. Accurately import Sony XDCAM MXF to TransMXF Pro for Mac

Connect Sony PMW-200 XDCAM camcorder to your Mac computer hard drive via USB cable.

In this step, you may encounter that the MXF with just video but no audio. A suggestion is to click "add folder" to load the entire XDCAM MXF whole structure folder to avoid of missing audio caused by metadata loss. Then, you can play raw MXF files in the preview window with both audio and video. Meanwhile, the output encoded MOV files will also be with sound. Snapshot function seems pretty good when preview MXF file.

Step2. Click the format bar and select "Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.MOV) "

Click "format". Under the Avid Media Composer list, you can quickly pick Avid DNxHD (*.MOV) for Avid editing. I directly enter Avid in the search bar, even faster. The user-friendly format bar of TransMXF Pro for Mac will take you less than 30 seconds to select format in this step.

Step3. Click the Settings to set audio and video profile for output MOV

I set video bitrates as high quality to better video of output DNxHD MOV for further editing in Avid. For Frame Rate, I chose stay as original.

From Profile list, I can easily compare the profile of source MXF and export Avid DNxHD MOV, as well as my free disc space. The triangle icons on the right are to view different tasks.

Step4. Convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to DNxHD MOV

Click “conversion” to convert Sony XDCAM MXF to MOV. I got generated DNxHD MOV with perfect video and audio synchronization. You can preview raw MXF and generated MOV when conversion completed. And with just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the output file.

If you look for an available MXF to Mac converter or a solution to view and play XDCAM HD 422 MXF in Avid, Aunsoft TransMXF can offer solutions to all kinds of MXF viewing problems.

Availability merge and transcode Sony AX 2000 AVCHD to easier editing WMV

Sony AX 2000 AVCHD is a very impressive prosumer-level AVCHD camcorder. The camera captures either High Definiation or Standard Definition video in AVCHD and MPEG-2 formats. The AX2000 support shooting full 1920 x 1080 HD video, which can be recorded at 60i, 30p and 24p. Like all the cameras in this category, the HDR-AX2000 is a three chip camera for better color and clarity. SDHC cards are flash memory cards with a minimum capacity of 4GB gigabytes. When I first got my AX2000, I was exciting and couldn't wait to study it.

However, last week I took a video longer than 4GB, so it is automatically split into two MTS files. My problem is to join/merge MTS clips from my cam Sony HDR AX2000 to edit it in Adobe Premiere Pro CC or CS6 seamlessly. I searched "merge separate AVCHD to Adobe Premiere" with Google and got highly-recommended Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac. I download the free trial version to seek some luck. Luckily, this AVCHD to Mac converter help me easily merge and transcode AVCHD to editing WMV for Premiere Pro CC/ CS6.As it claims, users can convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS files to Adobe Premiere (CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6 included) compatible format with minimal quality. What beyond my expected is I can convert any AVCHD video shooting in party or family event with AX2000 to popular video format like MOV, AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, etc.

Let’s see the easy workflow to merge and transcode Sony AX 2000 AVCHD to easier editing WMV for Premiere Pro CC/ CS6

P.S. If you are working with Windows PC, you can use Aunsoft iMedia Converter, which share the same basic steps with this guide.

Step1: Import or drag & drop Sony AX 2000 AVCHD recordings

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load AVCHD file. I directly drag & drop AVCHD files, even faster.

Just need to check the "Merge into one" box to merge MXF files into one file. Meanwhile if you need, you can split one big MXF file into several clips.

If you don’t need merge, the converter supports converting multiple files at a time for you.

Step 2: Select WMV as editing format for Adobe Premiere Pro CC/ CS6

I like the design of output format with aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac, which let me take less than 30 seconds to select format in this step.
Click "format" and under Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas option, you can clearly see easier editing formats for Premiere Pro CC/ CS6, including WMV, MPEG-2 and MOV. MPEG-2 and MOV with H.264 Codec are also best format for Premiere. Personally I prefer to WMV as output one.
You can also text WMV in the search bar directly.

Step 3: Set video and audio profile

I set video bitrates as high quality to keep high video quality. For Frame Rate, I chose stay as original. I found there are options for WMV with video codec of wmv1, wmv2, wmv3 and audio codec with wmv1, wmv2, but I didn’t do any changes with default.

"Reset" icon will return to default value for you.

Profile list make you easily view the profile of source AVCHD progressive and output easier editing format, as well as your free disc space. You can click yellow triangle icons to view different tasks.

Besides, this AVCHD to Adobe Premiere converter is equipped with a built-in video editor, which allows you do initial editing via “editor tool” in the main interface. The supported video editing operations are: Trimming, cropping, appending artistic visual effects, adding watermarks and load subtitles to the videos.

Step 4: Merge and transcode AVCHD footage to easier editing WMV

Click "Conversion" icon to merge and transcode AVCHD to easier editing formats for Premiere Pro CC/ CS6. And with just a click on "Open output folder", you can easily locate the output file.

View and play XDCAM MXF file with Media Player Classic without audio problem

I just bought a Sony XDCAM HD Camera, model EX1. Last week, I shot some exciting sports games. Using the software given by Sony, the only way to transfer them is to MXF. Now I am stuck wondering what programs I can use to actually view and play XDCAM MCF files. I've got most that I know of installed in my system (VLC player, kMPlayer, VLan Player, Nero), but none seem to be able to handle it. The current version of Media Player Classic plays the MXF video but no audio. I have spent the better part of a week googling around for answers to various MXF related questions and would love to open MXF in Player Classic for viewing.

Luckily, from a thread of Microsoft forum, I found Aunsoft TransMXF Pro, with which I successfully view and play XDCAM MXF file with Media Player Classic without any audio problem or audio missing. This professional MXF Converter help me easily transcode MXF to like MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MKV, M4V, ASF, MPEG etc for easily viewing in Media Player Classic. What’s more, this MXF conversion tool is it can output multi-track with MOV, MKV, MP4, which shows power to preserve, separate and mix multiple audio tracks in MXF.

Here I would like to share my experience on view and play XDCAM MXF file with Media Player Classic without audio problem, which can be divided into two parts.

Part 1: Transcode XDCAM MXF to suitable output format like MP4, MOV, WMV, etc for Media Player Classic

Step1. Accurately load XDCAM MXF file

Available download this MXF viewer app trial version. Click "add video" or "add folder" to load MXF file. You also can drag MXF to this MXF viewer directly.
In order to avoid of no audio in source MXF file, you'd better to preview loaded MXF files in the preview window to guarantee the output files will also be with sound.
Snapshot function seems pretty good when preview MXF file.

If you want to merge MXF files into one file, just need to check the "Merge into one" box. Meanwhile you can split one big MXF file into several clips.

Step2. Select suitable formats like MOV, MP4, WMV for MPC

Here takesWMV as example. Click the "Format" option and choose Common Video >WMV as output format. Then select the destination folder by clicking “Output” folder icon to put and save your converted videos. You can directly text output formats in the search bar, even faster.

Tip:
Media Player Classic (MPC) Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV

Step3. Set audio and video profile

Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. You can change the resolution, bitrates, and frame rate as you need before you convert XDCAM MXF to Media Player Classic. You can also use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically.

From Profile list, you can easily compare the profile of source MXF and export files, as well as your free disc space. The triangle icons on the right are to view different tasks.

Step4. Transcode XDCAM MXF to Media Player Classic

This MXF viewer app will run conversion at super fast speed. Not for a while, you will finish MXF to Media Player Classic favorable formats with video and audio synchronization. You can preview raw MXF and generated file when conversion completed. And with just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the output file.

Part 2: View and Play converted MXF in Media Player Classic

Come to this part, TransMXF Pro has done a super job. MXF is incompatible and it's hard to play and see MXF videos directly. To view MXF file flawlessly in MPC, a proper option is to transcode MXF to compatible formats for window player with an available MXF viewer.

The great use of Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate

The RVO file, also known as enhanced VOB is a container format for HD DVD video media. As an extension to VOB, it contains the actual digital video, digital audio, subtitle and DVD menu contents in stream form. EVO files can contain video encoded in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, VC-1, or H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2 and audio encoded in AC-3, E-AC-3, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, PCM, and MPEG-2 Part 3. Some consumer software solutions can play EVO files, such as PowerDVD, WinDVD for Windows and FFmpeg for Linux (unprotected EVO only). But if you want to watch your HD-DVD EVO files on HD TV, plasma TV, iPad, you may get headache to find such a practical solution.

This tutorial is to provide a simple way to transcode HD-DVD EVO files to MP4 with H.264 codec for easily playing with HD TV and portable players with Aunsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultmate. Besides MP4, the converter converts EVO to popular media formats, such as DivX, M4V, iPod, MKV, WMV, OGV, 3G2, MPEG, OGG, and so on. Meanwhile this EVO to MP4 conversion tool also supports almost any video and audio file formats. It converts MXF to MP4, AVCHD to AVI, VOB to MOV, MTS to VOB, etc.

Below is a step by step guide to help you simply transcode EVO files to H.264 MP4.

Step 1: Load HD-DVD EVO files

Click "load files" or "Load for folder" (Ctrl+2), or you can drag and drop EVO videos to this professional effecient EVO to MP4 converter.

Step 2: Select the highest quality H.264 MP4 for backup EVO files

Just click "Format" icon in the main interface, Text MP4 in the search bar and select H.264 video (* mp4) as the high quality processing format for playback.

If you want to play EVO on iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, etc, you can directly choose format under the devices.

Step 3: Set audio and video profile

Before EVO to H.264 MP4 conversion, you can customize output formats, like setting 5.1 channels surround sounds, as well as video bitrates, video size, sample rate, etc for specific needs. The amount of detail, motion, noise, grain, darkness, etc. in the source will substantially affect how much bitrates you need to set. The output video quality mostly depends on raw HD-DVD EVO files.

You also can initial edit EVO file, like trim, crop, flip, add water mark or effect to the videos via a click on “editor tool” in the main interface.

Step 4: Convert EVO to H.264 MP4

At last, click the "Convert" icon. The professional EVO to MP4 Converter will run fast conversion to encode your HD-DVD EVO videos to MP4 for HD TV. You will be able to get the output files via clicking on "Open" button and then enjoy the converted EVO files.

Back