Christian: Do you really believe in the prophecies of what is to come, or do you...

DonR

Jul 7, 2008
...spiritualize away all.....? unfulfilled prophecy as the Catholic Church does? Do you believe the world will be restored to paradise with a messianic throne in Jerusalem, or that the likes of the Catholic Church is God's nation on earth- even with it's many short-comings in history? Are you a replacement theology Christian or believe in this literal fulfillment of God's prophecies to actually come to earth?
That Jesus Freak: Bless you. Your words you wrote here will be the pinnacle of your coming glory for all eternity. No purer words of faith have been spoken. And you are beloved of the Father in your beauty of devotion.
Richie: 1000 years remain before that new heaven and new earth. During this time, a messianic king will reign from Jerusalem with a rod of iron, judging all nations, as foretold from Daniel to Malachi and all the prophets in-between. If you believe Scripture does not say this, you have deffinately not read or understood all the Scriptures which do.
KLD: You are severely wrong in your eschatology. You do not know the books of Daniel, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Hosea, Malachi, and Revelation. I suggest you read and learn much more before you come before me with that nonsense and rebellion against scriptural truth.

The Bible doesn't teach a messianic throne in Jerusalem, but what is called a new heaven, new earth and new Jerusalem. Those are the exact words I believe. I'm not catholic, I'm a protestant that minored in Bible. So in summation, we absolutely believe in prophecy yet to be fulfilled.

To deny scripture and have some replacement theology is ridiculous because that's not what the Bible explicitly preaches so it makes no sense to pretend it teaches something else.

They seem to becoming true already? Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. If you know to much and are still in denial than its probably a bad thing

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christ will ever set foot on earth again. Christ is already reigning on His throne in Heaven as King, reigning over His Kingdom, the church (Acts 2:30, 36; Colossians 1:13-18; cf. Rev. 1:6-9). Zechariah 6:12-13 prophesies that Christ would be a priest on His throne (i.e., while also serving as King). The writer of Hebrews tells us that Christ cannot be a priest on earth because He was not of the Levitical tribe. Thus, there cannot and will not be a future physical kingdom on earth!

I do read Revelation as more spiritual. I believe the 1000 years is figurative rather than literal. I believe Jesus' 2nd coming is to conquer evil as well as take up the righteous. I dont believe there is going to be a 3rd coming. Jesus said his kingdom is not of this earth. At no time did he ever say he is going to make a planetary kingdom and rule physically. People are welcome to believe that though....

Back