catholic question...is god and jesus christ the same guy?

kohlerkat

Jul 4, 2011
im in a huge debate with my cousin who is christian...i am catholic and i say there is God AND Jesus Christ....she says God IS Jesus Christ
I disagreee and say they are two different people/spirit...ect
who is correct???
Catholics and Christians are NOT the same...we believe in saints and they do not!
Catholics do call themselves Christians because we do believe in the same guy but there are big differences in our religions

Im not a practicing catholic....but i was baptised catholic, raised catholic and will die catholic...i jus dont understand most of it because AGAIN i am not a practicing catholic and i jus need a quick answer

she said "God IS Jesus Christ" i said there is a "God AND Jesus Christ"

then you are NOT catholic because Catholics understand the rinse nature that Jesus, while being the Son of God on earth IS God.

based upon your edit you are very young in your understandings. Catholics ARE Christians..... get a grip on reality. you may want to educated yourself to the FACTS and teachings of he Catholic church before you claim to belong to a group about which you know nothing.

Catholics are Christians.

Believe me, I, a non-Catholic, doesn't give me pleasure educating some Catholics of the fact that Catholics are Christians. Your cousin is a protestant.

By the way, did she say Jesus IS also the Father? Then she's mistaken.

Edit:
<<<Catholics and Christians are NOT the same...we believe in saints and they do not!
Catholics do call themselves Christians because we do believe in the same guy but there are big differences in our religions>>>

My conclusion: The poster is not a Catholic but a fundie.

Jesus was Gods son ... Im pretty sure of that but like The Father Son and Holy Spirit are all one or linked too or something ... I dont go to church much ...
But you say the Father SOn and Holy Spirit so theres three of them, and Mary carried Gods son and he says hes the son of God so how can he be God and his Son? PARADOX!

Prophet Jesus(Peace be Upon Him) have faith in God because he is also a creature of God but with Prophecy and revealation of Bible to Him.

Prophet Jesus(Peace be Upon Him)is neither God nor Son of God but He is a Prophet of God.

About God in Al-Quran Sura Al-Ikhlaas 112....

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful

1 Say: He is Allah, the one and only;[1]

2 Allah, the eternal, absolute;

3 He sires no offspring,[2] nor is he anyone's offspring;[3]

4 And there is none like him.

Back