car audio set up advice?

pee

May 1, 2009
i had this thought and this is what i had in mind

i either get a 2ch amp stable at 2ohms, and bridge 2 12" subs at 4 ohm and make them 2ohms, wire speaker wire from one sub into the other sub then to the amp, then with the 2nd channel wire another 2 12" subs at 2ohm and have 4 subs all up,

or just simply get a 4ch amp and wire them each at 4ohms.

what would be the best option thats not going to blow up anything providing i get a powerful enough amp to run 4 1000w peak power subs with 300w rated power?

or get a 2nd amp aswell? 2 2ch amps and a 4ch amp for speakers? so 3 all up?
or a monoblock amp stable at 1ohm? how do you wire subs down to 1 ohm?

the options are endless.

any advice and suggestions would be greatly appeciated,
even leave comment and links, descriptions and photos of your own car audio setup. subs, amps, speakers, the works. i will have a bangin system soon i just need to make my mind up!

THANKS HEAPS!

you can get single 4 ohm voice coil subs or dual 2 ohm subs.Either option you could get a class d amp that's stable to one ohm that rms around 12-1500 watts. One class d amp would be more efficient than a two channel amp.If you run 4 single 4 ohm subs run a pos from sub to amp and a neg from sub to amp.Do all the subs the same way that would give you a 1 ohm load.If you get confused go to Rockford Fosgate wiring diagram.

Back