Can I unlock iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1 to T-Mobile US? [via Craigslist]?

JohnKim

Jan 20, 2011
I'm going to buy brand new iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1 from someone via Craigslist and he said it has iOS 4.2.1 that's going to sell me one for $500 (16GB). Is this reasonable? My phone is broken now so I need one soon.

Would I be able to unlock it to T-Mobile US and use their 3G/4G service?

What are some things to check when I buy phones via Craigslist? It's my first Apple device and I'm not sure what to check. Should I bring my laptop and install iTunes before wards to see it works?

It's a lot of money so I want to make sure everything works fine. Thanks!
Also how do I check if phone works because it's not unlocked? Is unlocking easy?

I don't think it's worth it because although it is new, you won't be able to use tmobile's 3g network only the slower edge network. Otherwise you would be able to use it on tmobile if it is unlocked but I've also heard that it would have to be jailbroken as well but i'm not sure of that. If you still want to buy it then i'd definitely suggest you make sure every thing works before you pay. The person should have no problem with that if they are legitimate. Also it would be best to meet in a public area such as mcdonalds or starbucks where you can test the wifi. Also if you know someone with at&t, ask them if you can use their sim card to test the calling etc... Hope that helps, but like I said I wouldn't get it myself. It would be worth it for at&t but not tmobile.

When it comes to unlocking Iphones, Remote unlocking is the best method to be followed or used. . you can unlock your phone instantly within few minutes. This site offers Theunlockarena.com remote unlock for the iPhone.
here are the instructions to follow while unlocking the iphone. Do not enter wrong unlock codes into your Apple iPhone 4 mobile phones. If you enter more than a certain number of unlock codes on your Apple iPhone evil 4 mobile phone, the phone may have an erection locked, and can sometimes be used.
1. Allow us to send you an email saying that your phone has been activated or unlocked remotely.
2. Install the latest version of iTunes.
3. Make sure your iPhone 4 phone software is updated to the latest version using the iTunes software.
4. Connect your iPhone 4 Apple iTunes with a SIM card not accepted.
5. Wait until iTunes detects the iPhone 4.
6. 4 Disconnect the iPhone and reconnect after 10 seconds.
7. 4 Apple iPhone is unlocked.

Back