can anyone tell me what the name of this book is?

marion_mustang

Dec 15, 2009
I can't remember the title or the author's name, but the cover was sort of a sunset color (it is a romance novel) and the story starts off with a young woman who raises a little girl who is deaf (but not her daughter) and ends up marrying the man in charge of her to protect the child. but, the man's son and his daughter-in-law, poison him slowly so he never consummates the marriage. When he dies she is bought by a man who had seen her getting water at the well in town.

They don't get along well at first and he even buys an iron collar and makes her wear it so she will understand she is a slave. the thing I remember most is the ending, the man's son and the little girl end up kidnapped and sold to the king, who in turn sold the woman before. I remember because the little girl cutely yelled at her (soon to be brother) ' ''name'' come here!" and he grins at his dad and says 'she is definately a little woman.' I also remember he didn't get along with the little girl at first and was caught hitting her once 'or what looked like hitting her.' and the woman also ended up beliving the little girl had drowned.

If someone could tell me the name of this book I would be sooo greatful!! I wanted to find it again but its proving impossible without knowing the title, or author's name.

Back